PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have play foundation books?

youarewhatyoueat
28-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Hi, i'm very tempted to get the 'all about me' play foundations book, it's on amazon for £12.99 they do a set and thought I may get one a month starting with the age 0-3. But they are quite expensive so wondered if anyone has them and what they thought of them. Thanks
Caroline

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_b_1_6?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=play+foundations&sprefix=play+f

Blaze
28-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Sorry, not seen them before!

estrelas
28-04-2009, 08:35 PM
not sure off to look, thanks x

jibberjitz
28-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Sounds interesting, off to have a look :)

huggableshelly
28-04-2009, 09:51 PM
not seen them before and are quite pricey too

michellethegooner
28-04-2009, 10:47 PM
I have 2 of them the 'rhymes' and 'all about me' ones, cant remember where I bought them from but I certainly didnt pay THAT much for them!!

They are quite good and give some good ideas especially for babies, some of the 0-3 can be adapted for older children as well so they can join in...

will try and remember where I got them and let u know...

youarewhatyoueat
28-04-2009, 10:52 PM
I have 2 of them the 'rhymes' and 'all about me' ones, cant remember where I bought them from but I certainly didnt pay THAT much for them!!

They are quite good and give some good ideas especially for babies, some of the 0-3 can be adapted for older children as well so they can join in...

will try and remember where I got them and let u know...

Would appreciate that as I can't find them anywhere for cheaper,thanks
Caroline

michellethegooner
28-04-2009, 10:56 PM
was on ebay just looked through my emails hth I paid £9.99 plus £1.50 p&p and that was for both

youarewhatyoueat
28-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Bargain, will keep a look out but none on there for that price at the moment. I want to do all about me with my 2 13 month olds and a 6 month old due to start soon. Do you think it's worth £12.99, be honest I won't hold it against you honest,Lol

sarah707
29-04-2009, 06:31 AM
you don't need topic / theme books for children of that age.

They will be best cared for by following their interests / learning styles / schemas / things their parents say they enjoy doing at home.

You will also be busy enough just completing their individual changing / sleeping / resting / feeding / fresh air routines.

You will have plenty of time to follow themes when they are older... say about 3 and needing a more structured day.

Hth :D

youarewhatyoueat
29-04-2009, 06:15 PM
you don't need topic / theme books for children of that age.

They will be best cared for by following their interests / learning styles / schemas / things their parents say they enjoy doing at home.

You will also be busy enough just completing their individual changing / sleeping / resting / feeding / fresh air routines.

You will have plenty of time to follow themes when they are older... say about 3 and needing a more structured day.

Hth :D

Yes, that's fair comment and I agree, but I just asked if anyone had these books as I fancied this particular one and wondered if anyone had it before I wasted my money. I'm putting together a continuous provision folder and wanted to include a theme all about me and thought this might be good.
I also know that I keep busy with their day to day routines as I've been caring for them for 5 months now.
I also like books!!!
Caroline