PDA

View Full Version : References

Millievanilli
28-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Afternoon everyone, I'm a newish childminder and was wondering what people do about getting references-do you ask parents for a wtitten ref when they leave you, or do you just ask to give their details so potential customers can contact them? Thanks.

Andrea08
28-04-2009, 02:38 PM
ok keep all cards, letters, a scrap book with you and mindees enjoing yourselves,, questionnares from parents (if you get them bk) and after a few months with you and you have an interview with new family ask your parents if they would mind writing a few words for you and when they leave a letter would be good

huggableshelly
28-04-2009, 02:40 PM
I ask parents who leave my setting for a reference and also i send questionaires out to parents and children, paresent parents are aware that prosepctive parents may see the feedback and sign to say they agree or state if they prefer for me not to share information they have written.

I also have a character reference from a friend and my previous employers reference albeit old but my old employer is still contactable if needed.

TheBTeam
28-04-2009, 08:48 PM
When i had had my first few mindees i asked if the parents would do a reference for me to put in my portfolio to show new parents. All were happy to do so stating their high degree of satisfaction etc. I then asked for references as and when families left.

I did ask again the current parents if i could have references as all of mine were getting old and i needed some new business and didn't just want later references from leavers!

No one has minded so far, or caught me out with a bad one:laughing: :laughing: !

I also do a parent questionnaire every 18 months or so depending on the families that are with us.