PDA

View Full Version : earthquake in cumbria? anyone noticed it?

Blackhorse
28-04-2009, 01:46 PM
found this article and wondered if anyone felt the little quake?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090428/tuk-earthquake-shakes-south-cumbria-6323e80.html

I once was in greece when there was quite a bad earthquake...loads of houses were destroyed ...it was horrible!

rickysmiths
28-04-2009, 01:52 PM
No I didn't but I live in the south. There was a quake in Kent a couple of years ago that caused damage to houses and was felt a long way away. A long time ago my SIL lived in Luton in Bedfordshire and there was one in the middle of the night that made a few things fall off shelves! :eek:

I think they are more common in this country than we realise.

Heaven Scent
28-04-2009, 02:41 PM
I didn't feel anything but then again I'm in the south of the north west not far from the midlands really so not too surprising.

Having said that I was in LA in 1988 and I was in a posh dress shop really high up in a mall and my friend and I were trying on all sorts of cocktail dresses - you know the dynasty type and we were in stitches laughing at ourselves and when we came out of the changing rooms we were met by our other friend who lives there and the shop assistants who were all ashen faced - there had been a really strong tremor and we never felt a thing - we must have been laughing so much that it went completely unnoticed.

gracey
28-04-2009, 04:18 PM
did any one get hurt??? hopefully no casualties.....dear LLord!:littleangel:

nannymcflea
28-04-2009, 05:25 PM
My hubby is there at the moment...when he rings I shall ask him...though he probably wouldn't have noticed!:laughing:

We got woken up with the last one in Market Rasen it was horrible and I couldn't sleep afterwards.

Trouble
28-04-2009, 05:52 PM
no i didnt feel it:panic: :panic: :panic:

RachelE
28-04-2009, 07:05 PM
No, didnt feel a thing - but was in a room of about 20 toddlers!!

I live in Market Rasen, but luckily didnt last year. - Dh did though - in a caravan!! He thought he was being attacked!!

Lets hope we dont get anymore!