PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry for 2 Children [Polish]

Polka Dots
28-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Things may be looking up. :)

I've invited a [Polish] parent to come and have a look tomorrow morning. The enquiry is for 2 children ages 7 months and 2 years to start during May. The parent speaks English although she said it wasn't that comprehensive and I beleive the children were born in UK. Does anyone else look after children from Polish families and is there anything I should be aware of?

Buzz Lightyear
28-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Yes... never assume the child will speak English despite being born here, lol. I have a little Polish boy who comes and he speaks no English at all. I am finding him a lot harder than my Portuguese little boy. Good luck though, hope all goes well tomorrow :thumbsup:

gailee
28-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Hi I have 3 polish children on my books they soon pick up english really fast and you will learn polish words too! My parent speak ok English too! I've had no problems with any of my parents so far? Pay on time don't take the mickey like some parents do! very friendly? Also just check your holiday conditions ?? All my polish parents go to poland quite regurally(sp) 1 child has been in Poland for 9 weeks, Next month another child is going for 9 weeks and he's already been last month for a week.
My new 1 is going to Poland next week for 2 weeks!!
So my summer holiday is going to be very quiet with my main earner in poland for that long

Gailx

jibberjitz
28-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Sounds promising :thumbsup:

Polka Dots
28-04-2009, 07:56 PM
9 weeks holiday all in one go! :eek:

I charge no fee for my holidays (4-5 weeks per year) and full fee for parent/child holidays. So say the family were getting tax credits how would that work if the children went away for a long period of time? would they still receive the credits to cover childcare fees?

gailee
29-04-2009, 06:50 AM
Yes they get their child care credit? The parents don't always stay with them either they take them to grandparents (babba polish for grandmother) to look after them ?

gailee
29-04-2009, 07:02 AM
Hi again if you do get the little mindees let me know i have a 2 pages of polish words! how to say it in polish and what the words are in english i have laminated mine stuck it on the wall. i could photo copy it and email it to you if you like
Gail

Heaven Scent
29-04-2009, 07:48 AM
I look after a chinese boy who was born here but the parents speak chinese at home - (its actually a mixtre of mandarine and something else but I can't remember what) - he is now 2.5 and he does chat away in chinese but hes says very little in english because he is really shy. I spoke to his key worker at his playgroup (where he says nothing at all) and they told me he loves the farm so now I am reading stories about farms to him and take out all the farm animals etc. and he no says chicken and rabbit but I know he knows the other words because he will get the animal if I ask him for it. - I have a niece who is fluent in Chinese - and she will e-mail me any words I ask for and the phonic pronouncation - its really handy.

FizzysFriends
29-04-2009, 09:59 AM
9 weeks holiday all in one go! :eek:

I charge no fee for my holidays (4-5 weeks per year) and full fee for parent/child holidays. So say the family were getting tax credits how would that work if the children went away for a long period of time? would they still receive the credits to cover childcare fees?

If they are paying you the same then tax credits will still pay them, if they aren't paying you anything longer than 4 weeks and tax credits don't pay.

Polka Dots
29-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Well they visited this morning and it looks like they'll be starting the end of next month. The 2 year old played nicely with my daughter, baby slept and mum appeared happy. We've arranged a couple of settling in sessions. Mum has taken the contracts etc away to read over and will return them next week with deposits before sessions start. :clapping: Fingers most definately crossed on this one.

Gail, the polish words would be extremely helpful. I'll send you a pm. :thumbsup:

angeldelight
30-04-2009, 06:22 AM
Thats great news well done to you

:clapping: :clapping:

Angel xx

Polka Dots
30-04-2009, 09:29 PM
I got your email Gail, many thanks. :D

gailee
01-05-2009, 06:44 AM
I'm glad you've got it! Hope it helps ! :laughing: all the best

ss1983
17-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Hi again if you do get the little mindees let me know i have a 2 pages of polish words! how to say it in polish and what the words are in english i have laminated mine stuck it on the wall. i could photo copy it and email it to you if you like
Gail

i have mind a boy whos 1 his mum speaks polish and english and want the boy to speak both where did you find the polish words, sounds a good idea,

Zoomie
17-01-2010, 07:03 PM
I have a polish mindee and her dad speaks english quite well so he gave me the translation of a whole range of 'key' words for mindee.

Mum, who is on a course to learn English then helped me with the translation 'sound'.

Since then I have come up with words that I have needed and btw mum and dad I have managed to find them out.

My local library has a books of first 100 and first 1000 polish words, which I have kept on almost constant hire :blush: .

Finally i emailed dad and he gave me translations for all my posters, and then I cellotaped these above the english wording so all my posters are dual language. Ofsted really liked this :thumbsup:

gailee
18-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Also i've been given a language pen and A3 board with key words and phrases which is brill you can find it on the web ?