PDA

View Full Version : EYFS Profile Booklet Profile

Pipsqueak
09-02-2008, 01:52 PM
This is information relating to the booklet that they will be using in nurserys (replacing the Foundation one). It may help us with a bit of guidance for what we put down etc....

Its a long one (136 pages so worth saving a reading on pc!!) lol

http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/docbank/index.cfm?id=11170

Mollymop
09-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the link Vik. I will check it out later when i have more time. :)

Pipsqueak
09-02-2008, 02:59 PM
http://www.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/eyfs/resources/downloads/5848_fs_scalebooklet_web.pdf

This is the current booklet used for foundation, it will be revamped/named come Armageddon.... oops sorry Sept 08 intro of the EYFS..:D

sarah707
09-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Thank you for those Vik - they link very nicely with the profile information Angel posted the other day...

It is worth remembering, though, that these are Foundation Stage materials and have not been updated for use with EYFS yet - they still say 'mathematical development' - not 'problem solving, reasoning and numeracy'...

Also they will be for the child's main education provider to complete - which is unlikely to be Childminders unless we are registered to provide pre-school education.

:D

angeldelight
09-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Thank you Vicky that is great for the FOUNDATION STAGE

Just a reminder that this is NOT for the EYFS

There seems to be some confusion about the Foundation Stage and the new EYFS

They are NOT the same and like Sarah mentioned the wording will be different

We just do not want any one getting confused and mixed up with them both although I know that you understand it Vicky

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
09-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Absolutely - sorry if I have confused anyone, I should have put on there that this current profile will be updated in Sept to be EYFS Profile:thumbsup:

angeldelight
09-02-2008, 09:25 PM
No Vicky you have not confused anyone

Think that everyone is confused anyway haha

Hope you are ok today ?

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
09-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Aye I am good thanks chick. Been out spending some money, just (finally) bought James a toddler bed and he looks so tiny in it. Mind you he looks tiny in his cot he is still such a diddly dot.

Cost a further fortune when my eldest needed new trainers and just out of curiosity I got the other two measured and found that they had both gone up a size!!!

Hope you are ok?

deeb66
10-02-2008, 03:24 PM
No Vicky you have not confused anyone

Think that everyone is confused anyway haha

Hope you are ok today ?

Angel xx

Most definately :D

deeb66
10-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Aye I am good thanks chick. Been out spending some money, just (finally) bought James a toddler bed and he looks so tiny in it. Mind you he looks tiny in his cot he is still such a diddly dot.

Cost a further fortune when my eldest needed new trainers and just out of curiosity I got the other two measured and found that they had both gone up a size!!!

Hope you are ok?

Ouch!!!

Sounds like you parted with loads of money!