PDA

View Full Version : Are Ofsted always so dappy??

grindal
28-04-2009, 12:11 PM
I had a bit of a panic yesterday as I registered way back last year, had my pre reg visit last June but only started minding last week. Anyway, I could not remember what rooms upstairs were registered so I phoned Ofsted and asked them! The really helpful wonam I spoke to told me I was not registered for any rooms in my house!! I asked what she meant as I had my reg cert and number and she repeated that I was not registered to use any rooms in my house - which kind of left me wondering where I was supposed to be doing my childminding. Anyway, I have just been phoned back and told that because there are no exemptions on my certificate I am registered for the whole house and not none of the house as I was lead to believe yesterday!!
And these are the people that come and inspect us to make sure we are doing things properly!!
Grindal

singlewiththree
28-04-2009, 12:12 PM
:laughing: Thats hillarious

TheBTeam
28-04-2009, 12:13 PM
I knew before i read the full story that my answer would be 'Yes', :laughing: :laughing:

grindal
28-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Maybe I would have been better off posting my question on here yesterday instead of spending a day in panic mode!!
Grindal

Pipsqueak
28-04-2009, 12:20 PM
That is sooooo funny - perhaps you had registered your shed instead???? lol:laughing:

And in answer to your question - are Ofsted always this dappy - errrr YES :D

Twinkles
28-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Hmmm let me think for two seconds ..yep! ;)

Where did they think you were doing your minding ?

Oh I know ,the countries first ever fully outdoors childminding service :laughing:

georgie456
28-04-2009, 12:55 PM
:laughing: :laughing: I thought I'd heard it all!!!

nikim
28-04-2009, 01:08 PM
I had a similar experience with them last week , i am moving house so rang them to ask what i needed to do and was given the necessary information and told " you mustnt mind from the new premises untill you have received your new certificate but you can of course carry on minding in your original setting untill it arrives" um not sure that the new owners would go for that some how:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

rickysmiths
28-04-2009, 01:18 PM
That is sooooo funny - perhaps you had registered your shed instead???? lol:laughing:

And in answer to your question - are Ofsted always this dappy - errrr YES :D

The whole thing is soo funny.

The above made me laugh though. A few years ago a woman in Harrow Middx was reported for just that!!!!! She was minding in a shed at the back of a friends house and she was over numbers as well!! Not sure what house she had originally minded from. I wonder what the inspector would have made of it if they had not been reported and they had turned up for a regular inspection!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

huggableshelly
28-04-2009, 01:27 PM
lol this thread has sure given me a giggle!

I origionally was only registered to use my ground floor only for cm ... since asking for change in numbers due to my DD being over 8 they have now registered my upstairs bathroom too yet i have no use for it due to having a downstairs loo .... unless I put a travel cot in there as afterall it is now registered as a cm room!

michellethegooner
28-04-2009, 01:35 PM
I had a similar experience with them last week , i am moving house so rang them to ask what i needed to do and was given the necessary information and told " you mustnt mind from the new premises untill you have received your new certificate but you can of course carry on minding in your original setting untill it arrives" um not sure that the new owners would go for that some how:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had the same response when I moved :laughing: so it wasn't a mistake then lol.

and in answer to original question the answer is....... YES!!!! lol

estrelas
28-04-2009, 01:50 PM
:laughing: :laughing:

how funny!!

Toothfairy
28-04-2009, 02:44 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Andrea08
28-04-2009, 03:07 PM
:laughing: :laughing: ohhh funny

mandy moo
28-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Quite frightning tho when you think about it:(
These people are inspecting us, to make sure that we 'suitable people',
who inspects them?

jibberjitz
28-04-2009, 07:43 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Adiamond
28-04-2009, 08:10 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: x x x

grindal
28-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Well at least it has amused you lot!! I have to say I was far less amused about the whole thing yesterday particularly when the woman explained that I would have to write in for a Variation in order to use a room in my house! Next time I have a problem I will come straight here and not bother with Ofsted.
Grindal

Twinkles
28-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Sorry we didn't take it seriously hun , we just know how daft they can be.

Just come on here first next time there's always someone here to help/laugh/cry/calm you down :D