PDA

View Full Version : Grr- Mo tor Minder car insurance

miss mopple
28-04-2009, 09:55 AM
My insurance is up for renewal and I have just had the quote in from them. Layton Blackham (who did the insurance for MM) have been taken over and now if I want a guaranteed 7 seater as a courtesy car they are whacking another £44 on the bill :angry: The quote is slightly higher than what I paid last year too :mad:

Think I'll be shopping around this year and seeing if I can get a better deal. I liked going through them as I knew they were recommended by NCMA etc but I cant help but feel I'm being ripped off.

Who do you all use?

rickysmiths
28-04-2009, 11:20 AM
My insurance is up for renewal and I have just had the quote in from them. Layton Blackham (who did the insurance for MM) have been taken over and now if I want a guaranteed 7 seater as a courtesy car they are whacking another £44 on the bill :angry: The quote is slightly higher than what I paid last year too :mad:

Think I'll be shopping around this year and seeing if I can get a better deal. I liked going through them as I knew they were recommended by NCMA etc but I cant help but feel I'm being ripped off.

Who do you all use?

Layton Blackham do NCMA insurance not MM. I agree they are a total nightmare. I was with them for a year, their renewal quote was stupid, they tried to tell me they were the only people that fully insure Childminders!!!!:eek:

I renewed with Churchill, saved £120 and that was including a £15 extra to make sure I get a hire car big enough and fully protected no claims. They give up to £200 per car seat if they need replacing after an accident or are pinched from the car.

We got quotes though one of the comparison web sites and Churchill came out best for us.

Daftbat
28-04-2009, 11:24 AM
I kept forgetting about Motorminder car insurance and so this year i thought i would make sure i got a quote thinking it would be agood deal.

It ended up more expensive and i got some bloke on the end of the phone trying to get me to reduce my mileage estimate per annum - i only wanted them to put it down as 10-12K per annum which is not that high anyway.

They also made a big deal about having £200 per car seat for replacements (i can buy new ones for less than that anyway), and also tried to sell it on the 7 seater guarantee. I decided that i could cope anyway with the courtesy car offered by Swift, my present insurers as i can get away without a 7 seater anyway.

Anyway to summarise, i was not very impressed at all.

miss mopple
28-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Layton Blackham do NCMA insurance not MM. I agree they are a total nightmare. I was with them for a year, their renewal quote was stupid, they tried to tell me they were the only people that fully insure Childminders!!!!:eek:

I renewed with Churchill, saved £120 and that was including a £15 extra to make sure I get a hire car big enough and fully protected no claims. They give up to £200 per car seat if they need replacing after an accident or are pinched from the car.

We got quotes though one of the comparison web sites and Churchill came out best for us.

Doh! I meant motor minder not morton michel. More coffee needed I think :laughing:

Will give churchill a call and see what they quote:thumbsup:

rickysmiths
28-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Doh! I meant motor minder not morton michel. More coffee needed I think :laughing:

Will give churchill a call and see what they quote:thumbsup:

Just a tip, get a quote on line first if you can. Often cheaper than one over the phone and you will find if you are armed with the cheaper online quote they will match it to get your business. Churchill were also doing an offer to renew the 2nd year at the same as you pay for this.

huggableshelly
28-04-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm with churchill too and pay the extra for a 7 seater cover car. one time they didnt have one for me but I can walk too and from school so it was no real issue.