PDA

View Full Version : RETAINING SPACE

marjie b
28-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Some weeks ago I agreed to hold a place for a couple from poland for their 7 month old baby, we met briefly and I told them I could only offer a mon or fri as thats all I have for an under one @ mo.(they only wanted the mon, fine!)

Anyway all went well and I decided not to ask for a retainer or to sign contracts as they were returning to poland for five weeks and on their return I would do contracts with them and baby g could have mon or fri for settling in few weeks b4 mum goes back to work.

Anyhow, yesterday I got a call from a lady wanting just a fri for lo, gr8 I thought, I have a fri to fill....BUT, I have offered baby g fri 4 settling in ova next few weeks!
cut a long story short, I dont have contact no for baby gs parents but dont want em to get upset if I give someone else a fri when I said they could have it 4 settling in, but, I could do with the money this other lo will bring in...

This would all have been much easier if parents had left their details, silly me, I know, but meeting was very rushed and in middle of afternoon when all was bit hectic with my dds!

Shall i just give new parent the fri an tell baby gs parents he will have to do settling in on eve/weekend? if i give them fri too i will be over numbers, ahhh!!!

MissTinkerbell
28-04-2009, 09:47 AM
You have already said that they could have Mon or Fri for settling in so what I would do is take on the Fri child and tell the parents that the only settling in time is Mon as you have other children on other days and you would be over your numbers. As you ae having the LO on a Mon anyway surely this would be best day for settling in anyway as then baby g will get used to your Mon routine?

marjie b
28-04-2009, 09:51 AM
I see what you mean but due to me going away soon there are more fris available 4 baby g until his mum starts work which I said she could have!

oh well, lets just hope they call soon as then I can explain bit better, next mon is bank hol anyway and she starts work in couple weeks!:)

rickysmiths
28-04-2009, 11:38 AM
If they haven't signed a contract then you have no commitment to them. You are only expecting to look after their baby on a Monday. See the parents that want Friday, if suitable sign a contract and get on with running your business.

The other couple will have to do their settling in on their contracted day, if not able then start the contract you still have the 2-4 week settling in on your conrtact so either of you can terminate without notice if needed.

I have had a few situations over the years where it has not been possible to do settling in before the contract starts in full, they have all worked out. It is often the mum that needs loads of support and TLC but your professional approach and confidence will go a long way to reassure them I'm sure.:)

Well done you for filling two days.:jump for joy:

hectors house
28-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Yes agree it is best to do settling in sessions on day you will have child -

I had a child start coming to me to settle in while he was working notice from Nursery (didn't settle with them), so he came on a Friday which was only other day I had spaces - he LOVED being with the older boys - however when he came for his first Thursday he was disappointed to find a very quiet little girl and another baby.

Hope it works out in the end.

Tracey1
30-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi

Could you not apply for a variation to have them both. Just a thought

Tracey