PDA

View Full Version : What do you give out on meeting parent for first time?

hollybritten
27-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Hello there,
I have my first parent and child coming round tomoz could you tell me what you give out in your info pack to them?!?!?
Many Thanks
:) :) :) :)

TheBTeam
27-04-2009, 08:58 PM
we have a parent folder for them to look at whilst they are here, it includes, our liability insurance and all other certificates that we have, our crb checks, a bit about our family, our service and commitment to them, Our policies, procedures and permissions, References and pictures of us in action, these are printed approx 6-9 to a page and we have annotated some of them, to show some craft activities, having fun, days out and people that have come to visit, ie police and lollipop lady etc.

When the person leaves i give them a bi-fold brochure and business card with our details on, the brochure gives a brief overview of our service and values.

I do not give my ofsted number until the contracts are signed and returned if taken away to complete.

When i have child record form, contracts and all policies and permissions signed, i give them a copy of the papers that they have signed along with the details about our family, our service and commitment to them sheet, and the parental contact in emergency cards, in a parent pack.

sophiestars
27-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Until I know they are definitely going with me I don't give out the full package (selection of the most important policies, forms to sign re permission, parental responsibility etc, 'all about me' sheet, 'official' letters about child protection and EYFS)

I have a portfolio/policy folder which they can look through while they are here (and then when they definitely sign up with me I make them take it home to read and sign a slip to they have read it) and I would give them my intro sheet which has a description of my service, a bit about me and my family, my fees, what they would need to bring, EYFS, food/drink provided, hours I work etc which is all crammed onto one side of A4. Then if they were visiting a few minders they have a quick reference to compare to all the others.

It costs alot in printer ink and paper to give the whole lot to people who then decide to go with someone else so I would give just the basic info and just let them look at the rest until they decide to sign up!

Good luck with the visit by the way!!!:)

sweets
27-04-2009, 09:04 PM
i do the same, i have a parent pack for them to look at while at my house which tells them things about me, what we do, food i serve etc it also contains policies and procedures. I used to give parents the whole pack to take away but now i just give them a shortened version with the important bits printed on one piece of paper and tell them they will get the whole pack if they sign up their child.:)

ORKSIE
27-04-2009, 09:05 PM
I give out an

ALL ABOUT ME.

which is as it says.

My family

My name address phone No's

Pets

My qualifications..Which has reminded me i need to update!

What I do with mindees eg. outings Etc

I give a copy of this to all prospective parents

You can put in it what eva you want:)

hollybritten
27-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks guys, pretty much coveredthat, did a initial enquiry form for them to fill out to keep on file, a bit about us, fees holiday and hours, sample menu and daily routine. So hopefully that should be fine!!

xx:clapping: