PDA

View Full Version : Swine flu has arrived in the UK

Hebs
27-04-2009, 05:49 PM
:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090427/tuk-uk-swine-flu-cases-confirmed-dba1618.html

nannymcflea
27-04-2009, 05:56 PM
time to quarantine anyone travelling from America or Mexico......or is that a bit too drastic? Personally I'd shut the borders until it was clear...well until the next thing!:p

Trouble
27-04-2009, 05:57 PM
:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

a bit too close for my liking:angry:

Trouble
27-04-2009, 05:57 PM
time to quarantine anyone travelling from America or Mexico......or is that a bit too drastic? Personally I'd shut the borders until it was clear...well until the next thing!:p

typical my sister is coming over:rolleyes:

LOOPYLISA
27-04-2009, 06:02 PM
:eek:

I for one don't want anymore flu :panic:

Hebs
27-04-2009, 06:12 PM
off to do a swine flu policy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

just kidding :thumbsup:

i'm REALLY shocked that they arn't advising against travel to mexico

well the europeans are but england isn't so people who have booked to go have 2 choices

1) still go
2) not go and lose their money :angry: robbing travel agents

Hebs
27-04-2009, 06:20 PM
:panic: :panic: :panic:

"The confirmation came after Health Secretary Alan Johnson told the House of Commons a total of 25 possible cases had been reported in the UK, eight of which initially proved negative."

Blackhorse
27-04-2009, 06:55 PM
mp dp works for scottish power and they had a big meeting about it today..half their staff is from airdrie....
hope the people will be ok...
they said people contracting the swine flue over here show milder symptoms...

why is it called swine flu? to me swine was always a swearword....I would have called it pig flu.

Hebs
27-04-2009, 07:00 PM
why is it called swine flu? to me swine was always a swearword....I would have called it pig flu.

same here :laughing:

Spangles
27-04-2009, 07:12 PM
I didn't know 'swine' was a swear word. I thought it just meant something like 'git'! As well as 'pig' obviously!

I've decided not to worry very much about this at the moment as they are saying that other than people with this flu in Mexico, people in other countries are having quite mild flu and no-one has died.

I was ready to search the internet for face masks the other day though and stock up on tinned food!

It's probably just a lot of media hype - this is what I'm telling myself now anyway!

Winnie
27-04-2009, 07:15 PM
It might be time to dust off the pandemic flu policy....:eek:

FizzysFriends
27-04-2009, 07:16 PM
I didn't know 'swine' was a swear word. I thought it just meant something like 'git'! As well as 'pig' obviously!

I've decided not to worry very much about this at the moment as they are saying that other than people with this flu in Mexico, people in other countries are having quite mild flu and no-one has died.

I was ready to search the internet for face masks the other day though and stock up on tinned food!

It's probably just a lot of media hype - this is what I'm telling myself now anyway!

I wouldn't worry too much, even if it spreads over here there is enough meds (that is successfully being used in Mexico) to treat a quater of the population anyway.

Hebs
27-04-2009, 07:19 PM
i'm not going to worry, when your times up, its up :thumbsup:

Spangles
27-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Oh Hebs you're so cheery! :laughing:

angeldelight
27-04-2009, 07:27 PM
i'm not going to worry, when your times up, its up :thumbsup:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hebs
27-04-2009, 07:34 PM
its true

of all the things i stress about, that isn't one of them :laughing: my kids even know what songs i want played at my funeral :thumbsup:

i'm more worried about my kids right now (having a bad day) than swine flu ;)