PDA

View Full Version : What do I do next?

kitty
09-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Morning all,
I had my first mum around last week with her 1yr old daughter, who I didn't know - my other mindees are friends. I was very nervous and so was she, I'm the first childminder she had been to see. Anyway, we got on really well (in fact if she doesn't ask me to mind her daughter I may ask her around for coffee anyway). She said before she left, that she felt that leaving M with me would be like leaving her with a friend which I was chuffed to bits with. She also said that she be taking up her new job in a couple of weeks, if she decided to take it and that she needed to go home and look at figures and hours etc. Well, I will get to the point I promise!!!! It's been nearly a week now and every phone call I'm hoping is her, but it's not, do I call her or learn to be more patient???? Her daughter is really lovely and got on so well with Zara that I know it would work well :)
Thanks guys
Love
Elaine
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mel
09-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Personally, I would call and say that you have had other enquiries and would just like to confirm that she decided on another option. Its either this or waiting for the phone to ring

Mel x

sarah707
09-02-2008, 11:01 AM
I agree with Mel - I have had this before and however well you get on with them, they still don't ring, even if they know they are sending their child elsewhere... circumstances might get in the way, they might be embarrassed or they might even have changed their minds about working...

It's best to set your mind to rest and find out... fingers crossed for you! :D

berkschick
09-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Its a nightmare isnt it? I have had this several times recently despite giving them all my mobile number, home number and my email address so they could text or email if they felt awkward ringing me!

I rang a Mum the other day. The same as you, we got on really well and she asked me to write down fees, start dates etc. Went off saying she wanted to come back to meet my hubbie and other children as they were at school and I heard nothing for 2 weeks! So I rang her to be told that Grandma is having the LO instead!!

I was so annoyed! She was in my house for 2 hours and had 2 cups of tea! The least she could have done is sent me a quick text.

So yes, give her a call!

deeb66
09-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Yes I would give her a call too.

Good luck....hope it turns out well

LittleAcorns
09-02-2008, 02:11 PM
I agree with the others, otherwise you are just kept in limbo.....its perfectly resonable after a week to want an answer, just say you would love the opportunity to mind her daughter, and understand its not a decision to be made lightly, but you really to know. let us know wont you :p :o :p :o

Cheeky Chops
09-02-2008, 02:17 PM
I am in the same situation too!! A lady contacted me about her 2 LO's about 2 weeks ago, so I posted some info out to her and she seemed quite keen! I text her last week and she said she hasnt had time to read through it all and will let me know asap if she needs me.

Thing is if she does need me I will have to apply for a variation (which I havnt done before??!) and I am not sure if I should apply for it before or after or what?! and if she doesnt need me I will feel a bit silly having done all that work for nothing!! so I dont know what to do next either?! Shall I give her til tues/weds which will be 1 week since I text her and say I need to know? I have already said to her I have had other enquiries and need to know so dotn really know what else I could say to her!! I am working part time in retail so I need to give them notice too and I could really do with the pennies if I can have her 2 LO's so Im a bit in two minds what to do !!! xx xx

so your not alone! x x

Monkey1
09-02-2008, 02:29 PM
I would phone and ask and just say you are having someone round. It usually works for me, i even got one mum paying a retainer for over 10 weeks to ensure a spot was available for her daughter! Good luck!

Mollymop
09-02-2008, 02:32 PM
good luck Elaine, I hope it turns out ok.:)