PDA

View Full Version : S.E.F

Debster
27-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Iam about to start my SEF can anyonr give me any advice hints or tips before I start.
debbie:panic:

Daftbat
27-04-2009, 02:55 PM
My main tips would be to use the online help guide as its actually quite useful, don't expect to finish it in one go, expect to have to repeat yourself or at least cross reference other sections.

Oh one last one - try not to let it drive you potty! Have a bottle of wine ready for when you finis!:rolleyes:

sarah32
27-04-2009, 03:04 PM
I did about an hour at a time and had a break otherwise you feel yourself getting frustrated.

Drink afterwards sounds good.:laughing:

Cammie Doodle
27-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Carolyn and I had put off submitting ours for months, although we had done it and saved it to our memory stick, we eventually submitted it just before our inspection and to be fair it was not as bad as we were dreading :panic: lol
Inspector told us they were very good and very comprehensive :blush: Thanks to all tips gathered from this site :thumbsup:
Good Luck do it it bit by bit (remember to save it as you go)

Chatterbox Childcare
27-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Take your time. Do it in word and copy and paste it when complete. Don't forget that a lot will be covered in your policies so use them, copy and paste data so you are not typing it twice. Don't just try and answer the questions, use the guide.

Debster
27-04-2009, 03:20 PM
does sarah have a ebook for this one?
Deb

angeldelight
27-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Sarah does have a book

Also read this guidance see if it helps you

Debster
27-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks for that you are all so helpful. I have just read through the guidence notes.OMG it will take me forever but hopefully it may kill 2 birds with 1 stone as I may be able to use it as part of my NVQ 3 too.
Debs

karenandsmile
27-04-2009, 04:01 PM
i got ofsted to send me the paper version and sat and wrote in what i wanted to say so i had a rough idea of what i was going to put also got to look through it all and them try not to repeat my self to many times lol alos i could pick it up and put it down when i wanted i know it may seem double the work but sometimes it is easier well is for me any ways

as by the time ive logged on to do some the kids want a bath or bed or a drink or a spider caught or their hair brushed etc need i go on lol and that always happens when im on the phone too they may not talk to me for ages but when that phone rings they start talking to me why do kids do that lol
sorry going off track then lol

Playmate
27-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Thanks for that you are all so helpful. I have just read through the guidence notes.OMG it will take me forever but hopefully it may kill 2 birds with 1 stone as I may be able to use it as part of my NVQ 3 too.
Debs

I have been told when I finish mine I will be able to sign loads off on my NVQ, problem is I have just got to finish it! :laughing: I started several months ago then put it on hold, I need a quick up the backside to finish it. Maybe I could have a drink first to help me :laughing: :laughing:

Debster
27-04-2009, 04:19 PM
I have been told when I finish mine I will be able to sign loads off on my NVQ problem is I have just got to finish it!:laughing: I started several months ago then put it on hold, Ineed a quick up the backside to finishit. Maybe I could have a drink first to help me :laughing: :laughing:

Come on girl lets do it:laughing: :laughing:

Mouse
27-04-2009, 04:23 PM
I would say if you come to a bit you don't understand or can't answer, just leave it & go onto the next bit.

You'll probably find that when you come back to it later you realise what you should be writing.

Playmate
27-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Come on girl lets do it:laughing: :laughing:

some of the Childminders in my area apparently had SEF parties maybe we should have one online! :laughing:

Debster
27-04-2009, 04:33 PM
:laughing:
some of the Childminders in my area apparently had SEF parties maybe we should have one online! :laughing:

Some how I don't think it would be the best party I have ever been too on a par with a tupperware I think.

Playmate
27-04-2009, 04:43 PM

Some how I don't think it would be the best party I have ever been too on a par with a tupperware I think.

Who??? now thats showing your age! (sorry :blush: you are probably still 20years my junior)

I have made a decission to go back to my SEF tomorrow :clapping:

rickysmiths
27-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Wow! What a good idea Sally. Couldn't we have a real one? I'll bring the wine!!!

Trouble
27-04-2009, 04:45 PM
sarahs books are very helpful:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Playmate
27-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Wow! What a good idea Sally. Couldn't we have a real one? I'll bring the wine!!!

No problem, hope youv'e got enough wine coz we might need it!!:ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Debster
28-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Well guys I started my SEF yesterday I purchased Sarahs book and that has helped me no end I am about half way through and it and it has taken me about 3 hours far I feel like Iam not getting anywhere its like its never ending. I was dreaming about it last night my advise is do not stay up to late filling in your SEF.
Debs;)

michellethegooner
28-04-2009, 01:40 PM
well thanks to sarah' fantastic e-book I have made a start, also a big thank you to debbie, now I understand that I am basically writing my own Ofsted report ;) haven't done very much yet lol but at least I have finally started.. aim to do a little each evening .... if I get the chance lol

Playmate
28-04-2009, 01:55 PM
well thanks to sarah' fantastic e-book I have made a start, also a big thank you to debbie, now I understand that I am basically writing my own Ofsted report ;) haven't done very much yet lol but at least I have finally started.. aim to do a little each evening .... if I get the chance lol

I'm off to order mine now :clapping: My husband and I are going to sit and try and finish it tonight lol :laughing: :laughing: