PDA

View Full Version : 4 year old's in school

Helen79
27-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Sorry if this has been asked loads of times, couldn't find it on a search.

My dd turns 5 in Feb & is in full time school from Sept. I know she's classed as an over 5 from Sept but is this just during school hours or after school aswell & school holidays? or out of school hours is she classed as being under 5?

Thanks

sonia ann
27-04-2009, 12:05 PM
She is classed as a 5yr old for the purposes of your registered no.s once she attends school full time ....this includes after school and holidays:)

Helen79
27-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks. That means I can take on a 5month old baby full time from Sept :jump for joy:

sonia ann
27-04-2009, 12:15 PM
be careful because I know where we live the new schoolers only go part time until half term so you wouldn't be able to take the baby until then if that is the same with you:)

jibberjitz
27-04-2009, 12:19 PM
be careful because I know where we live the new schoolers only go part time until half term so you wouldn't be able to take the baby until then if that is the same with you:)

That's the same where I live too :)

sonia ann
27-04-2009, 12:23 PM
if the baby needs to start in September ...you could apply for a variation for a few weeks...you may be lucky:)

Helen79
27-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the advice. I think they start full time in Sept, I'm not sure though. I'll ask when I pick dd up from nursery.

If not hopefully I'll be able to get a variation. I used to be the baby's older sister's keyworker & know the family very well so hopefully it shouldn't be a problem.