PDA

View Full Version : So near.....

uf353432
27-04-2009, 10:49 AM
and yet so far!

Finally get a telephone enquiry from the leaflets I sent to parents via the school on Friday. But feel pretty sure I blew it. I don't want to discuss price over the telephone and when she first asked I suggested she come round to see my home and see what she thought. The conversation continued, she was complaining about how hard it was to find childcare and then asked about charge again, so gave her my fee - but reminded her that like children every contract is unique. She said she was still phoning around and either way would phone me early next week - but I don't think I'll hear from her.

At least the first telephone enquiry is out of the way now - I can think about all the wrong things I said and work out how better to do the next one - god willing there will be another one - surely! lol!

poo!

Daftbat
27-04-2009, 11:33 AM
I am sure that you didn't blow it! Its quite normal for parents to shop around unless they have had a referral from another parent about you. Stop worrying and see what happens - another enquiry will come along hopefully soon too

misst104
27-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Well done on the first enquiry. You never know, she may get back to you yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed :thumbsup:

xxx

uf353432
27-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Yeah - I know - I feel like an expectant mother - the nursery is all ready to welcome the baby - but baby not arrived yet! lol! I remember those feelings very vividly from both of my two - and it feels the same right now. I have everything in place except some kiddliwinks - just want to start working, not accustomed to being patient me lol!

misst104
27-04-2009, 11:40 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I know just what you mean. I got my certificate on Saturday and now need some kids too. I havn't really done any advertising yet so its on my list to get sorted this week!!

Fingers crossed we will soon be up and running :thumbsup:

xxx

jibberjitz
27-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Keeping fingers crossed for you :thumbsup:

Tatjana
27-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Aww bless you, you made me chuckle though!

I'm sure your phone will be ringing off the hook soon:thumbsup:

xx

Toothfairy
27-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Fingers crossed :thumbsup:

sarah707
27-04-2009, 06:16 PM
I still gabble and say the wrong thing on the phone sometimes and I've been doing this for 15 years :laughing:

Don't worry about it... fingers crossed it's the right contract for you :D

angeldelight
27-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Hope they get back to you

Good luck

Angel xx