PDA

View Full Version : What does Ofsted think about mid-sleeper beds?

Willowdancer
26-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Just having a bit of a panic as we've changed the twins' beds since I had my pre-reg inspection and registered their room for sleeping. They normal single beds before but now they both have a mid-sleeper (from freecycle thank goodness) so now I'm wondering if we should go back to normal single beds again.

Any thoughts on this? They still haven't said if they're coming to see me but obviously DH will be having his pre-reg inspection in a month or two so we'll need to have sorted it by then if we do need to go back to how it was.

Thanks!

Hebs
26-04-2009, 08:45 PM
my son has a mid sleeper and his room is registered for overnight care if needed :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
26-04-2009, 08:45 PM
You need to think about the "risk".

What age are the children going in these beds? Do they sleep in them at home? do they stay there? do they roll/may lead to fallling out?

If the answer is that there is a risk you need to find an alternative but changing your own childrens beds seems a bit drastic. Why not use your bed, spare bed, floor, buggies, travel costs etc...

Willowdancer
26-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Oh fab - that's good news hebs :)

We didn't really think about it at the time, but we're getting a new bed for our eldest son as he's very nervous of his high sleeper and hasn't really slept that well since he got it, so then of course the conversation about the twins' beds came up.

At the moment its not really much of an issue as things have worked out that I'm currently only doing school drop off and pick up so I don't have any mindees here during the day who will need to sleep.

I have a travel cot that I will use for children small enough to be in it, and I'm happy to get mats for the floor (or perhaps I could use our old ready beds with clean sheets over the top?) its just the ladders that I'm thinking about.

rachelle
28-04-2009, 08:50 PM
my twins also have mid sleepers and in the day I sleep mindees who are in beds at home in my bed with clean sheet and their specific duvet cover on the spare single duvet. It works for now as I only have one in a bed in the day and the other is a buggy or travel cot depending on whether he drops before we make it to the cot!

huggableshelly
28-04-2009, 09:58 PM
just bare in mind that midsleepers are aimed at ages 3 and over some state an older age. I know the argos slatted ones have a higher barrier, my children never managed to roll off them but the ones they have now only has a slight lip on them, i wouldnt consider sleeping a mindee on them.

ALSO might be worth gaining parental permission allowing their children to sleep in one that will then tell you if the child is capable of sleeping up on one or not.

youarewhatyoueat
01-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Have you thought about putting a matress underneath, I did this for my two boys as didn't have space for two beds and oldest wasn't old enough for bunks, they had it as a den during the day and bed at night.