PDA

View Full Version : working out hours of work

aly
26-04-2009, 08:23 PM
i'm tryign to work out my working hours.

Do you go by your contracted hours {+more if they go over} or the actual amount you have mindees??? ie if they come late do you work it from the tiem you have them or time they are contracted?

sorry :blush:

berkschick
26-04-2009, 08:39 PM
I use contracted hours :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
26-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Is this for your expenses?

If so - the earliest you start and the latest you finish whether contracted, late parents or additional hours

aly
26-04-2009, 09:10 PM

If so - the earliest you start and the latest you finish whether contracted, late parents or additional hours
Yes it is

thank you

xx

tulip0803
26-04-2009, 09:40 PM
For expences it's the actual hours you work. 1st child to arrive to last to go. If a child is off you cannot still put the hours down as you haven't worked them even if you have got paid for them IYSWIM.

aly
26-04-2009, 09:56 PM
i was thinking if the parent was late ie contracted hours were 7.30-9.00 and 3.30-5.30

1 day parent text in morning saying wouldnt be with you til 8 {the next day was 8.20.....so even though they didnt come i was expected them at 7.30

the other day they they didnt pick uptil 6 so in effect they were under their hours in the morning but over the other days

sophiestars
26-04-2009, 10:13 PM
If they are contracted from 7.30 then that's when they pay from whether they turn up an hour late or not! I have that in my payment of fees policy - also if they turn up later than 5.30 they need to pay extra because they are only contracted until 5.30. If that is unnacceptable to them because they are always going to be late dropping off and picking up you may need to review your contract with them.

aly
26-04-2009, 10:22 PM
If they are contracted from 7.30 then that's when they pay from whether they turn up an hour late or not! I have that in my payment of fees policy - also if they turn up later than 5.30 they need to pay extra because they are only contracted until 5.30. If that is unnacceptable to them because they are always going to be late dropping off and picking up you may need to review your contract with them.
its oly usually half hour so i do charge accordingly..which isn;t aproblem for them.

I do have another question though::

When working out the percetages for hours worked, i have 4 mindees, 2 of them are contracted properly, the other 2 are b/a schoolies but not contracted properly asthey are shift workers so each week is different...is it ok when working out weekly expenditure etc is it ok {as long as i note hours worked} the percentages will differ as some weeks i work only 10 hours some weeks 20+ so the percentages will differ.

does that make sense??

sonia ann
27-04-2009, 06:04 AM
When working out the percetages for hours worked, i have 4 mindees, 2 of them are contracted properly, the other 2 are b/a schoolies but not contracted properly asthey are shift workers so each week is different...is it ok when working out weekly expenditure etc is it ok {as long as i note hours worked} the percentages will differ as some weeks i work only 10 hours some weeks 20+ so the percentages will differ.

does that make sense??

I work out the percentages weekly as I have 16 children on my books and no 2 weeks are the same for me....I note the hours worked and go from there:)
It's easy once you get into the swing of it:)

christine e
27-04-2009, 07:01 AM

Don't forget to include the time you work but don't have children eg filling in forms and EYFS stuff and cleaning and shopping and cooking!

Cx

aly
27-04-2009, 12:06 PM
I work out the percentages weekly as I have 16 children on my books and no 2 weeks are the same for me....I note the hours worked and go from there:)
It's easy once you get into the swing of it:)

Tatjana
27-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Oh my, it sounds very confusing!:eek:

xx