PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Things...

Schnakes
26-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Lets do a list! I love lists! :D

* I have been looking forward to a nice hot bath and a cold glass of wine all day....went in the bathroom to turn the hot tap off and "pow!"......the stupid fiddly I-darent-change-it-in-a-dark-steamy-bathroom, light has blown. Marvellous.

* Ive been storing some frozen food for a friend whos freezer has died..go in the freezer today and it seems that half of it has been eaten by passing bears. (Or possibly MrS...). So great, Im going to have to replace all that now. :angry:

What would you like to add to the list?

Sx

Tatia
26-04-2009, 08:06 PM
- A husband who works from home on Fridays and yet, when I get home from a long day of creches, activities and courses for parents, says to me 'what are you cooking for dinner?' :angry:

-A son who leaves piles of dishes in his bedroom and brings them down to stack in the sink expecting the little magioc fairies to wash them up:angry:

Joannechildmind
26-04-2009, 08:16 PM
- loading the washing machine with a dark wash, having checked all the pockets only to find when the wash has finished that a tissue MUST have been left somewhere and tissue bits have covered the whole wash :angry: i hate that.

Jo

sarah707
26-04-2009, 08:17 PM
- A daughter who asks to go somewhere totally unsuitable at the weekend and when I say no tells me she ought to have lied :(

wendywu
26-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Having to unload the dishwasher before i can stack the dirty dishes in the sink into it.

Odd socks that come out of the washing machine when i know i only put pairs in.

The way my family all suddenly decide that they need to be doing something in the kitchen at 4 o,clock when i need to be getting dinner for mindees.

How when i let mindees choose a DVD to watch they can never agree.

How whenever i manage to get my paperwork up to date Ofsted bring something else out.

Doing my accounts.:censored: It seems to come round so fast:panic:

sonia ann
26-04-2009, 08:22 PM
* when I am waiting for a delivery and just as I decide to take a chance for a "few minutes "in the toilet ..the doorbell rings!

* my daughter who comes home for the weekend complete with 2 weeks of washing and all her bedding and towels!

:) :)

kindredspirits
26-04-2009, 08:23 PM
how my husband seems to find time to polish the engine bay of his beetle - but never has time to do any washing/ironing/cleaning etc - despite being out of work.

and how when i get up and think i will get on with the jobs that 'dh' leaves for me to do, i get an ear bashing for not having taken ds outside on a lovely day when he gets back in from the gym..... but i know i will get the same type of ear bashing if the house is left a tip.:censored: :angry:

Schnakes
26-04-2009, 08:35 PM
This is a real bug bear of mine, and it might cause offence....but I cannot STAND seeing grown adults schlepping around the streets in tracksuits. (Not joggers - just people..you know what I mean?)

I think it says so much about the state of this country that that is concidered not only acceptable but even fashionable.

I also really really HATE the crowd on Britains Got Talent. Well, I hate the whole program, but my daughter loves it, so I have to endure the weekly "WWWWOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"ing of "OFFOFFOFF" ing. I like to think we have evolved as a species, but obviously I was wrong!

I also cannot stand the way I have to unbutton my trousers after eating a meal. Does that meake me an old fogey or WHAT?!

Sx

Chatterbox Childcare
26-04-2009, 08:40 PM
How I clean the house and 10 minutes after everyone comes home it looks like it hasn't been touched.

How I do all the washing and DS brings armfuls down for another 3 loads.

How DS never puts his clothes the right way round.

How DH always watched TV which seems to conflict with the program that I am watching and it stops the recording.

How "my time" always gets engulfed with everyone else's problems.

There isn't enough space on here but as you can see from the above, I am perfect!! :littleangel:

TheBTeam
26-04-2009, 08:42 PM
My husband, my husband and again my husband!!

When i ask him for help, I give up waiting, and yet when he wants help he has to be like yesterday!!

How if he wants to relax we all should, but when i do (and i work harder), I am lazy!!

Schnakes
26-04-2009, 08:47 PM
How if he wants to relax we all should, but when i do (and i work harder), I am lazy!!

I hear that!

I have just thought of another one - one of my kids is currently being dropped off and picked up by her grandad and instead of knocking on the door or ringing the doorbell like a normal person he peers through the front room windows and taps on the windows! It is SO annoying. He doesnt speak English though, so I cant really address the problem with him, and I feel like if I said something to the mum it would come accross like I was being petty. It winds me up every day though! :angry:

Sx

kindredspirits
26-04-2009, 08:53 PM

I hear that!

I have just thought of another one - one of my kids is currently being dropped off and picked up by her grandad and instead of knocking on the door or ringing the doorbell like a normal person he peers through the front room windows and taps on the windows! It is SO annoying. He doesnt speak English though, so I cant really address the problem with him, and I feel like if I said something to the mum it would come accross like I was being petty. It winds me up every day though! :angry:

Sx

i'd draw my curtains or play in another room to put a stop to that one!! :thumbsup:

Schnakes
26-04-2009, 08:56 PM
My house is totally open plan downstairs, apart from the hall, so unless I hid everyone in the cupboard under the stairs...!!!

Think I will do the curtains though..I think it looks so scruffy to have curtains closed during the day...still...its one or the other! LOL!!

Sx

ORKSIE
26-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Made a lovely roast, family enjoyed it, so did i. Had a very naughty dessert too!
Then it was time to tidy the dishes...saw the rest of the meat left over, thought i'd have a little piece.... oh bother... broke the back of me molar off:panic:
Would'nt mind it was a lovely piece of meat:(
So i'm off to the walk in dentist centre:panic: :panic:
I am so scared of the dentist:(

ORKSIE
26-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Hide behind the sofa Schnakes, like I did in DR Who when i was little:laughing:

Trouble
26-04-2009, 09:15 PM
when you go to the toilet and the world wants to talk to you there and then

or you just sit down and the dog wants a wee:angry:

No i havent got weeing on the brain:panic: :panic:

or you climb to the top of a hill and you need a wee and theres a waterfall near by which isnt helping (that happened today to me, 3 miles down!!!!!:angry: )

sarah707
26-04-2009, 09:29 PM
- When you go to the toilet to sit down and the seat is wet :o

- When you go to the toilet and the 3 year old creeps up to say boo :eek:

- When you need a wee and you've just been, got everyone ready, got in the car and started the engine... and you have to get them all out again because your toilet / car are not within sight / hearing distance of each other :panic:

kindredspirits
26-04-2009, 09:32 PM
My house is totally open plan downstairs, apart from the hall, so unless I hid everyone in the cupboard under the stairs...!!!

Think I will do the curtains though..I think it looks so scruffy to have curtains closed during the day...still...its one or the other! LOL!!

Sx

well i can't say i've never put the mindees in the cupboard under the stairs for the day! !;) :laughing:
make it into a game, play cinemas or something!!

Trouble
26-04-2009, 09:35 PM
- When you go to the toilet to sit down and the seat is wet :o

- When you go to the toilet and the 3 year old creeps up to say boo :eek:

- When you need a wee and you've just been, got everyone ready, got in the car and started the engine... and you have to get them all out again because your toilet / car are not within sight / hearing distance of each other :panic:

i think you and i like to wee in peace:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :D

ajs
26-04-2009, 09:37 PM
DH

knowing that ofsted are coming in 40 hours to do my inspection and leaving the house to go to Prague on a jolly with his uni mates looking like a bomb has gone off.

not even putting the rubbish out before he went

leaving two tons of washing that i did on saturday morning on the drying frame dry but unsorted

i could go on but i am meant to be updating the LJ and haven't even started them yet and i haven't touched them really since xmas so i know it's going to take hours

ORKSIE
26-04-2009, 09:40 PM
The last person to use the loo uses the last pice of loo roll:panic:

Trouble
26-04-2009, 09:41 PM
theres a pattern going on here

i think its to do with men:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :angry:

sophiestars
26-04-2009, 09:51 PM
What annoys me is when my other half (who gets up earlier than me when he cycles to work) leaves out just about every cereal box,milk, bread, spread, jam, honey, crumbs everywhere, dirty knives, etc and then goes off to work thinking it's fine to leave it for me to clear up as if I don't have enough to do with tidying up before mindees come, getting my own kids ready for school run etc grrrrr!!! And when I have asked him if he could put things away he tells me I should try getting up earlier (I get up at 6.30 as it is!!):mad:

Another annoying thing about oh (funny how most of these are about our men!!) is when he has finished with a plate or bowl etc and will take it to the kitchen and leave it on the worktop above the dishwasher instead of putting it inside! :rolleyes:

Yet another thing about oh (yes I have lots!!) is when we are getting low on milk and I can't get to a shop because of number of mindees/naps etc and so I text him to see if he can pick some up on the way home and he gets home empty handed and says he never checks his phone so I end up in tesco's at 7.30 after I have put the kids to bed!!:angry:

Is it just me?!!

Trouble
26-04-2009, 09:53 PM
:panic: :panic: :panic:

theres definately a pattern

ORKSIE
26-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Errm did anyone notice i at the dentist tomorrow:eek: :laughing: :laughing:

Trouble
26-04-2009, 09:57 PM
more to the point will they ask you how you got on????:D :panic: :panic: :panic:

ORKSIE
26-04-2009, 10:04 PM
I hope so. cos i scared:crying:

Schnakes
27-04-2009, 07:00 AM
Im loving all the toilet ones!!

I'll tell you what Mr S does which drives me insane...I'll run a bath. I will say - Im having a bath. "If anyone needs the toilet please go now". I will say it at least twice/three times. "Does anybody need the toilet? Are you sure?" And every signle :censored: time MrS will come upstairs needing the toilet just as Ive started to relax in the bath. God that makes me angry!!!!

The wet toilet seat one!!!! Totally!!!

And MrS never replaces a loo roll if he finishes it and he also does the leaving breakfast stuff out thing AND instead of putting things in the bin he will leave it out for me to do. He also never makes the bed.

I think he thinks Im his maid????? I think this may be the beggining of a long divorce procedure. (Or at least - it would be if we werent living in sin!!!)

Sx

Schnakes
27-04-2009, 07:01 AM
PS - Im scared of the dentist too...mostly cos they like pulling out the teeth of small children, the sick puppies!

Good luck with your appointment!

Sx

breezy
27-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Men and wee, that about sums it up for me:laughing:

Good luck at the dentist hun!

mummyroysof3
27-04-2009, 07:25 AM
i think maybe we should start a thread about what doesnt annoy us about our DH but i cant think of anything to start it with :ROFL1:

charlotte x

i agree with all of you btw, im almost 9 months pregnant with 2 young children and still feel like the maid/slave round here

PixiePetal
27-04-2009, 07:53 AM
I come downstairs last in the morning, get my shower in peace at least, but...........do I really need DH,DS and DD to leave all the evidence of making packed lunches all around the kitchen, breakfast dishes in the sink, cornflakes blocking the sink and no kitchen roll on the holder??!!!! :mad:

I go to bed last to leave it all in a decent state for the morning, why doesn't it last :angry:

wendywu
27-04-2009, 08:01 AM
I hate when i get up the sun is out, then low and behold when it is time to do the school run it is raining:panic:

Schnakes
27-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Went upstairs when Grandad was due...didnt come back down till he knocked on the door! Felt like a right meanie, concidering its raining but had to be done!!! :blush:

Sx

ORKSIE
27-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Went upstairs when Grandad was due...didnt come back down till he knocked on the door! Felt like a right meanie, concidering its raining but had to be done!!! :blush:

Sx

Maybe he'l get the message after a while then:D

Trouble
27-04-2009, 08:35 AM
ANOTHER THING THAT HAS ANNOYED ME TODAY:angry: :angry:

my daughters PE teacher has asked her to wear shorts not tracksuit bottoms for PE when she knows her skin is bad but she has no idea how bad her legs are at the moment, i might send a photo in.:angry: :angry: :angry:

then see what she says i have made a complaint i hope she doesnt ring me today:panic:
:mad:

ORKSIE
27-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Oh bless her, teachers make me so mad, they dont seem to have any feelings...well some don't:)
I would write a letter stating she has to wear tracky bottoms:)

Trouble
27-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Oh bless her, teachers make me so mad, they dont seem to have any feelings...well some don't:)
I would write a letter stating she has to wear tracky bottoms:)

she has let her wear them since sept but a hint of sunshine and she thinks that cures it, she needs lots of sun to make them better

the dematologist said normally we tell people to stay out of the sun but in you and your daughters case get in the sun:D :D she is nearly 13 so is too young for a sun bed session once a month to keep it at bay

2 weeks in florida would be good right now:(

ORKSIE
27-04-2009, 08:43 AM
That would do us all good:D
Hope your DD is ok:)

Trouble
27-04-2009, 08:45 AM
i just dont want anything to knock her confidence and i know it would from something so simple:(

christine e
27-04-2009, 10:26 AM
One of my pet hates is posters/flyers on display after the event has taken place! I just hate it and find it really annoying.

Cx

LOOPYLISA
27-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Ok, there are so many little silly things that annoy me but........

Hubs moans about me and dd who leave the toilet seat UP, hes the only one who puts it down :laughing: :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
27-04-2009, 10:40 AM
I hope so. cos i scared:crying:

Hope you got on ok hun, i have always been scared of the dentist up untill 6moths ago, i have a really nice lady around my age, i did'nt even feel the needle go in :eek:

I just think of it now as its better than a toothache at 3 oclock in the morning :thumbsup:

TheBTeam
27-04-2009, 10:43 AM
The wet toilet seat annoys me to the point where i spy to see who has done it! never dh or ds tho!

Roseolivia
27-04-2009, 11:20 AM
When partner says he'll help to tidy up before the cleaner comes today and only tidies his side of the bed up! What about the rest of the house?

When partner has breakfast and leaves empty milk cartons on unit, bowl with leftovers in on unit (like we haven't got a bin in the kitchen)

Is off to Prague for the weekend with his mates. (has been abroad 5times in 2 years without me and daughter, me abroad 0).

When partner says to let clutch out slowly when i'm driving his car but almosts kills mine when he drives it.

Rude ungrateful mindees
The list could go on but it'll only wind me up!

ORKSIE
27-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Hope you got on ok hun, i have always been scared of the dentist up untill 6moths ago, i have a really nice lady around my age, i did'nt even feel the needle go in :eek:

I just think of it now as its better than a toothache at 3 oclock in the morning :thumbsup:

Have been:clapping:
He was very nice, have got a temporary filling in for now, need to get a dentist of my own, thank goodness thats over:)

Bananabrain
27-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Having to unload the dishwasher before i can stack the dirty dishes in the sink into it.

Odd socks that come out of the washing machine when i know i only put pairs in.

The way my family all suddenly decide that they need to be doing something in the kitchen at 4 o,clock when i need to be getting dinner for mindees.

How when i let mindees choose a DVD to watch they can never agree.

How whenever i manage to get my paperwork up to date Ofsted bring something else out.

Doing my accounts.:censored: It seems to come round so fast:panic:

Just thought I'd share Wendy,hope you don't think I'm cheeky.I had the same prob with DVDS or pay per view.Now the older mindees draw straws.Works like a dream.

Schnakes
27-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Me!! Ive annoyed myself! Why oh why have I left it till the day before my NVQ assessor is coming before I start doing my work? And I keep coming back to see whats what on this forum...Im going to be up past midnight doing it at this rate!!

Sx

venus89
27-04-2009, 01:49 PM
:laughing:
So many of these hit a erve I'm feeling quite cross now and I was very happy before I read this thread :laughing:

To add a couple...... 'why?' all day long is getting annoying.
My husband patting himself on the back for doing one of the jobs I do all the time.
People whose toddlers are badly behaved at groups and don't keep an eye on them - so your child/mindee gets their toys snatched.

And all the wee related ones you mentioned.

And people who swear realy loudly in their gardens when they know you have kids outside.

And cigarette butts on MY lawn when we don't smoke.

And my hair.

And mindees telling you they like something then deciding they don't after one mouthfull.

And.......

Schnakes
27-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Two from today...

N specifically asked me on Friday if we could have pizza for luch. I said, no, I havent got any, but we can go on Monday and chose one for lunch. Feeling all like a good childminder. First thing she said this morning..pizza for lunch? So yes - we walked to Tesco in the pouring rain to buy the pizza Id promised her, the whole time its cooking shes perstering etc...its cooked, take it out and share it out...two bites later..."Schnakes...N not hungry"....AAARRRGGH!!!

Number two (and a real mean one!!) the constant CONSTANT..."Schnakes, watch me do this, look at this, I can do this...watch watch!!!" (and all they're doing is jumping or something else you've seen them do a million times before! And you've got to sit there and feign interest...over and over and OVER again!!!

Sx

Trouble
27-04-2009, 05:06 PM
my black labrador actually smiles but everytime i go to take a photo he stops:( :(

does anyone elses black labs smile????

FizzysFriends
27-04-2009, 05:15 PM
my black labrador actually smiles but everytime i go to take a photo he stops:( :(

does anyone elses black labs smile????

Does a black and white springer count? He only used to do it when excited but I've got him doing it on command now.

Trouble
27-04-2009, 05:18 PM
[QUOTE=FizzysFriends;403597]Does a black and white springer count? He only used to do it when excited but I've got him doing it on command now.[/QUO

do you think its because we always smile at them or do you think its because he knew he was in trouble:D

TheBTeam
27-04-2009, 06:45 PM
When dh says, 'I have washed up for you!', or to the kids, 'move that for your mum', or 'I have put the washing on for you',

I can not get through to him, that it is for the good of the house not just for me!!!!
And not every job is mine and no i don't or shouldn't have to feel grateful for him doing his share, (well less than his share, but that could get me moaning till christmas), we are both cm and so we both work at home! We both had the kids and use stuff in the house!:angry:

venus89
27-04-2009, 06:50 PM
When dh says, 'I have washed up for you!', or to the kids, 'move that for your mum', or 'I have put the washing on for you',

I can not get through to him, that it is for the good of the house not just for me!!!!
And not every job is mine and no i don't or shouldn't have to feel grateful for him doing his share, (well less than his share, but that could get me moaning till christmas), we are both cm and so we both work at home! We both had the kids and use stuff in the house!:angry:

Oh, now that's so true......

My nearl-three-year-old mindee has spent all afternoon asking me if we can go to the park - it's been pouring all day:

'Go play park now?'
'No, not today'
'Why?'
'Because it's raining'

5 minutes later, 'Go play park now?'
'No, not today'
'Why?'

FizzysFriends
27-04-2009, 07:08 PM
[QUOTE=FizzysFriends;403597]Does a black and white springer count? He only used to do it when excited but I've got him doing it on command now.[/QUO

do you think its because we always smile at them or do you think its because he knew he was in trouble:D

Archie does it as a greeting, unfortunatly some people take it the wrong way and think that hes showing teeth even though he's wagging his tail at the same time.