PDA

View Full Version : plans

Moominmomma
26-04-2009, 07:47 PM
ok, so I've got my own son who is 2.5 and a mindee who is 10 months, do I need to have detailed weekly plans, as I have been doing. Or can I do a medium plan and then do a weekly time table . i.e Monday :in living room I'll have farm, books, baby toys, kitchen playdough, Outside sand and water?

Also any activity ideas for under ones would be appreciated!

Thanks

sarah707
26-04-2009, 08:25 PM
It's more important to be able to explain why you are getting the toys out...

So Monday morning might be getting out the treasure basket... why? Jack and Jill both learn from the resources ... why? As observed last week, Jill kept returning to the xxx toy and repeating her actions until she learned how to balance it / make it work / turn off the light ... whatever you observed. And it is great for their fine and gross motor skills of course;

Followed by the farmyard... why? Last session Jack said 'moo' when he held the cow and smiled... plus mum took him to the farm at the weekend so you are following his interests;

In the afternoon you are going to get out some water play... why? Jill has a trajectory schema (observed last week when you watched her walking up and down the garden with the buggy every session) and she loves watching the water wheel. YOu are also going to supply xxx for her to use in the water.

In between all this, all your resources are freely available including both inside and outdoor play.

Does that make sense? It's not about writing it all down as such, it's more about knowing why the resources link to each child's interests, learning styles, likes and dislikes, parents comments etc.

You know this from your observations which feed into next steps which feeds into planning ... which you observe to start the cycle again :D