PDA

View Full Version : 120 Flyers and no phone calls!!!!

hollybritten
26-04-2009, 07:13 PM
I have walked around for 3 hours today spotting cars with car seats, to post flyers. Not ONE phone call!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

jibberjitz
26-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Its early days yet, if someone put a flyer on my car I wouldn't phone them on a Sunday :)

Hope the advertising works for you :thumbsup:

Bananabrain
26-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Awwww bless you.I really feel for you.

You absolutely will get customers,it just takes a bit of time at first.

Maybe you could try giving out flyers in the school playground.

Also definitely join the local childminding group and make yourself known.I know all the existing minders can be a little scary sometimes{I remember thinking that there was no way I could be so relaxed and take everything in my stride like they did!} but I reckon it's always good to have as many contacts as poss.

Good luck and do not,never, ever,give up.

singlewiththree
26-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Maybe tomorrow will be the day. Have you put an advert in your postoffice too I get enquiries from that.

GOOD LUCK

hollybritten
26-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Yea it is early days, I have put a post in Sainsbury and will put one in post office
Thanks

Buzz Lightyear
26-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Its early days yet, if someone put a flyer on my car I wouldn't phone them on a Sunday :)

Liz has a very good point there, nor would I. Give it chance, I know when I distributed my flyers, it took a couple of days to get anything back from it but my part-timer came from my leaflet drop so there is hope. Plus... think of the excercise and time out in the sunshine :thumbsup: Positive thinking!

hectors house
27-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Try putting up an advert at the baby clinic, health centre, asking your health visitor if she will pass your name on, toddler groups and put one on your car, so when you park in parent/child spaces you will be next to your potential customers. Good luck

gegele
27-04-2009, 12:53 PM
how do you make flyers?

what do you put on them?:blush: this is my main problem

hollybritten
27-04-2009, 02:49 PM
LADY COMING to see us tomoz YAY!!!x

Demonjill
27-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Yippee :clapping: :clapping: Hope it comes to something for you. ( after doing all those miles) lol

christine e
27-04-2009, 03:07 PM
They may not need childminder now but may have pinned the flyer to their noticeboard for sometime in the future!

Cx

karenandsmile
27-04-2009, 03:17 PM
best place i have found is going to mother and todler groups and places where other childminder hang out then you get to spread the word that you have a space also you have phoned up the ccis and told them you have spaces which you need to update every month if you want your name near the top of the list joining a childminding group would help too but i find the best way is blab to who ever will listen that you are a childminder

also phone schools see if they have a childminder covering that school and pick the one with the least childminders (more chance of getting children)

pop into your local surestart center they may help you find out extra stuff too

uf353432
27-04-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm in the same boat, posted 100 leaflets around my village in the Easter holidays and nothing at all from that. Then gave the school 100 leaflets to send out with the newsletter on Friday just gone and not one phone call - until this morning, a lady rang, who knows if she will ever call me back (which is a whole new ball game). I just want to start minding - it takes time to build up your business.

Went to Tesco today with my new magnetic car advert as well :D

soon, it has to happen soon! lol!

I am not destitute by any means - but would like to earn something to start recouping what I have shelled out already.

Toothfairy
27-04-2009, 05:57 PM
When I was advertising I tried......

Advert in local shops
Leaflets on cars at local schools at home time
Adverts at soft play cantres and ball parks
Gumtree
Netmums
C.I.S
Advert on window of my own car
Adverts in local mags ie: Grapevine, Parenting News etc
Adverts at local GP's and HV's clinics
Advert on notice board of local Starbucks
Stood outside my local NCT sale and handed out leaflets
Leaflet drop around local area
Word of mouth at local childminding group meeting

Hope some of these help. :thumbsup:

carla
27-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Over the last week i have walked and walked all over the place and deliverd over 400 leaflets. I have also put one in the take away- post office hairdressers and other shops. I still have over 15 streets to do!!!!! Luckily my husband can photocopy the pposters at work, so they are free. Only haad one call so far!!!!

hollybritten
27-04-2009, 08:14 PM
got my magnetic car sign up too yesterday!!!! good old VISTAPRINT!!!!
xxx:clapping: :clapping:

Spangles
27-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Don't give up. When I put out leaflets I got a couple of enquiries in the following days but got a few more over time as people kept them for later.

I'm sure they will bring you in work, just wait and see!

x

Pauline
27-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Don't forget to put yourself in the Forum Vacancies area :laughing:

We have parents read the board looking for childcare. :thumbsup:

jibberjitz
27-04-2009, 09:06 PM
LADY COMING to see us tomoz YAY!!!x

Fab news :clapping: Let us know how it goes :thumbsup:

brillminder
09-05-2009, 10:01 PM
how is the advertising going , you could do a letter to large companies in your area and ask them to put poster in on notice boards internally , Also people may see your leaflet but may call you later, so don't be to down kepp promoting.:)

jibberjitz
10-05-2009, 05:44 PM
how is the advertising going , you could do a letter to large companies in your area and ask them to put poster in on notice boards internally , Also people may see your leaflet but may call you later, so don't be to down kepp promoting.:)

I was wondering that too - how did it go with the enquiry? Hope they signed :thumbsup: