PDA

View Full Version : Eek, can anybody help v.quickly please?!

Willowdancer
26-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Just had a lady on the phone who got my number off the web so I'm presuming she's seen my website. She's phoning back in about 20 mins cos I'm finishing off my dinner.

What I want to know is, if I'm contracted just for taking my under 5 to school, I don't have to hold his place open for the rest of the day do I?

I have no idea what she wants but thought I'd better ask v.quickly in case she wants under-5 care! :laughing:

Thanks!!

Trouble
26-04-2009, 06:54 PM
if she wants you to be responsible for him all day and to pick him up then charge her a retainer for the day

if its just a drop off no

hope it helps

sonia ann
26-04-2009, 07:00 PM
if your under 5 is doing 10 sessions a week at school he is classed as an over5 in your no.s
If he is a preschooler and you are only dropping off at pre school then you can offer the rest of the day to the parent eg 9.00am onwards that is of course if you are not "on call for the day" for the other child
I dont think i'm making myself very clear:blush:

singlewiththree
26-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Did she ring back?

sarahlou
26-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Hi
does that mean if they are at play group full time and u only take them and pick them up they not classed as under 5
Sorry - i'm confused:blush:

Willowdancer
26-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Did she ring back?

Not yet - bit confused as well as I looked up the dialling code where she rang from and its miles away! Must be moving to the area - if it is indeed even about minding, LOL

sonia ann
26-04-2009, 07:10 PM
does that mean if they are at play group full time and u only take them and pick them up they not classed as under 5
Sorry - i'm confused

they must be at school for 10 sessions a week....playgroup/preschool does not count....then for the sake of your numbers they can be classed as 5yrs old, however you still have to do eyfs with them until 31st August after their 5th birthday:)

Chatterbox Childcare
26-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Hi
Sorry - i'm confused:blush:

Until they are in full time education (10 sessions) they are classed as under 5. Once they go to full time they are still classed as in the EYFS register and if you take on more than 2 children you will need a variation.

sonia ann
26-04-2009, 07:16 PM
if you take on more than 2 children you will need a variation.

sorry Debbie now i'm confused why do you need a variation?

sarahlou
26-04-2009, 07:28 PM
ok thanks thought I was right - just checked to be on safe side

Willowdancer
26-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Right, she phoned back at last. Its a one-off minding job for her two children for 2 hours later in the week while she goes to a funeral here in town. I said I'd do it as I'm free then anyway and I wouldn't be over my numbers as one's 2 and the other is full time at school :)

Thanks to everybody for clearing up the numbers situation above :thumbsup:

sophiestars
26-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Debbie I'm confused! When I had my Ofsted pre reg visit the inspector said that once they are full time at school they are classed as in your over 5 numbers even though they are still doing the EYFS. So in theory you can have 3 under 5's and 3 reception class children as long as they are doing 10 sessions a week in school.

sonia ann
27-04-2009, 05:48 AM
Debbie I'm confused! When I had my Ofsted pre reg visit the inspector said that once they are full time at school they are classed as in your over 5 numbers even though they are still doing the EYFS. So in theory you can have 3 under 5's and 3 reception class children as long as they are doing 10 sessions a week in school.

yes that is correct if you are registered for your maximum of 6 under 8yrs:)