PDA

View Full Version : NEWSLETTER

Bex1
26-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Not sure where to put this questions :blush:

I am only minding 3 kiddies at the mo, and they each come one day a week, all at under 20 months and the parents are all pretty good and stay have a quick chat when collecting the kids and also read the daily diaries too!

However I would like to send them a newsletter, a brief one that is sent out termly and says what we;ve done and what is coming up...i.e. the easter stuff we did etc. I also would put training courses that I have coming up etc so they know what I am up too!

Those who do newsletters, what else do you write ?

Pedagog
26-04-2009, 02:05 PM
I put things such as forthcoming themes, information on childcare vouchers, local events.

Mouse
26-04-2009, 02:44 PM
I put reminders about wellies, sun hats, suncream etc, details of events at the children's centre and library, changes I've made to the house or garden, new toys I've bought, websites I think the parents might be interested in.

Some months I fill the newsletter with no problem, other months I really have to wrack my brain for ideas of things to include!

patevans
26-04-2009, 03:14 PM
I am struggling with what to put in mine this time :(

hectors house
27-04-2009, 10:54 AM
I just do a quarterly newsletter - put in everything mentioned above,

reminders about my holiday dates and reminding them to give me notice of their dates, details of my emergency minders if they want holiday cover

any charity things my family are supporting eg race for life or raffle tickets for animal shelter,

the one I am working on now will have the link for my Ofsted inspection report on as I am NOT going to print off 6 copies - I have one copy I will pass round and they can read it on line

Rough topics we are working on - useful websites etc

If I have given out several parental questionaires and they come back with a don't know in one particular area - I answer it on the newsletter so everyone knows what I do.

I put quite a lot of clip art in, to break up the writing - parents generally read them apart from the teacher - who just leaves it in her car!

In between the newsletter I put things up on a white board in my entrance porch eg: Today - note that I am going to have my holiday injections and need to finish promptly this afternoon - to discourage the ones who want to stand and chat for half an hour in my time!

nemo97
27-04-2009, 11:03 AM
I've been minding for 12 years and have never wrote
a newsletter but after joining the forum I realised that
there is a lot of information that we give the parents
and so the need for a newsletter. :blush:
I shall be writing my first one very soon so thanks to
you all for the ideas of what to include. :clapping: