PDA

View Full Version : eyfs WILL be happening!

littlepixies
08-02-2008, 10:01 PM
hi guys, had a meeting with my network officer yesterday, she also runs the bcma website, lovely lady!!
Well mentioned biut all these petition for eyfs, and she explained It will come in place in september no matter what as the government has put so much time and effort into the eyfs frame work they have too much too lose. There have also been publications made in regards which would also lose out so yes they have taken into account everyones thoughts and oppinions but they will be going a head with enforcing it in sept. They may review parts but thats the only thing which will happen..... so guys its gonna happen!

Banana
08-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Of course it is!!

Were any of you thinking we were going to have a lucky escape :D

xxxx

manjay
08-02-2008, 10:12 PM
I didn't think you were going to be able to escape. Wales are in the trial stages of our Foundation Phase at the moment so hopefully all the problems will be sorted by the time it rolls out fully in 2010.

amanda xx

tulip0803
08-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Our Foundation Phase is different from EYFS as it is 3-7 years and the main emphasis is on child led learning through play, curriculum cymreig(Welsh culture) and bilingualism. I am doing an early years course which is including the Foundation Phase and it does not seem to be as presciptive as the framwork for the EYFS. There are some similarities outdoors everyday for instance and working with parents. But many teachers that I have spoken to are welcoming the Foundation Phase as there is less rigid planning and structuring. The EYFS is also being taught to the trainee teachers and the lecturers prefer the Foundation Phase to the EYFS.

"The Welsh Assembly Government has used research evidence to support the introduction and development of an appropriate curriculum. This research evidence suggests that children do not begin to benefit from extensive formal teaching until about the age of six or seven, in line with their social and cognitive development. An earlier introduction can result in some children underacheiving and attaining lower standards." Foundation Phase Framework for Children's Learning Background.

Julia xx

berkschick
08-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Yep, its on its way. Few months to go yet though!

sarah707
09-02-2008, 09:41 AM
I have no idea why anyone would think, even for one second, that something that has cost millions of pounds to roll out and is embedded in law, would be stopped by a few names on a petition. Too little too late.

What we can hope for, however, is that some of the worst parts are watered down and, in the interests of the children, Ofsted do not push too hard on the learning and development goals to the detriment of the children. :D

deeb66
09-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Yes...I agree with Sarah

I am sorry if anyone thought that there was a chance of it being scrapped.....but no chance!

We might be lucky if they realise that it needs to be amended by come what may it will be in force by September :(

jaz
09-02-2008, 06:15 PM
It's on its way, and there's nothing anyone could say now to stop it. i have some training on it on Monday, I will let you know how it goes.

sarah707
09-02-2008, 06:16 PM
It's on its way, and there's nothing anyone could say now to stop it. i have some training on it on Monday, I will let you know how it goes.

Yes please Jasper! All feedback gratefully received! :D

Spangles
09-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Oh yes, I think we all agreed that it's definitely going to happen!

I'm hoping it will be made a lot more reasonable for childminders though but will have to wait and see.

When I had my EYFS training on Tuesday, my dev officer reckoned that it was actually written with childminders in mind and it was geared towards us! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! That's honestly what she said (without the laughing - that was me!)!

son77
09-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Yes I too have no doubt that it will go ahead but atleast the petition will just show our concerns & you never know, they may just decide to go easy on us childminders!!

katickles
09-02-2008, 07:28 PM
I have booked onto a eyfs training course. Its the begining of March so hopefully that will help a little!!:)

Lou
09-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Yes of course it was always going to happen, i just hope they make some amendments..............................

amendments specific to childminders please!

Mollymop
09-02-2008, 09:20 PM
My training is in March and April, I suppose I am lucky as I can start a fresh as I am still awaiting my certificate.

jaz
12-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Well, had a brief training ssession on Monday, and it doesn't seem as bad as we had first thought! It seems as if we are doing it mostly now anyway, and as long as you are taking photos etc, there is no need to write reams and reams of paperwork on doing observations. My development worker thought it would be a lot easier for childminders to make the move across than nurseries and pre schools. She thought it would be easier only having one document to work from as opposed to B23, Foundation and then standards.

Also planning doesnt have to be a huge deal either

eg: going for a walk to feed ducks covers
KUW - local area, looking around at different things as you go along
CLL - talking to the child and responding to them, big / small ducks, introducing new language
PD - breaking up the pieces of bread - fine motor skills
CD - collecting things from the walk and making a collage when you get home
PSED - forming a good relationship with you, or getting ready to go out for the trip inddependently (depending on age and stage)
PS,R & N - counting how many ducks there are

etc...

Hope this makes sense to you all, this is only a very basic overview of an everyday activity, and I'm sure you can all think of more things!

J
x