PDA

View Full Version : heelllpp baby dedication service

mushpea
26-04-2009, 08:02 AM
help have a baby dedication service to attend this morning, how long do they normal last and what do i need to take?? they are my neigbhours and they want me to hav their little one in september so need to make a good impression but have a son that cant sit still for two minutes!!!

vix84
26-04-2009, 09:11 AM
help have a baby dedication service to attend this morning, how long do they normal last and what do i need to take?? they are my neigbhours and they want me to hav their little one in september so need to make a good impression but have a son that cant sit still for two minutes!!!

Whats a baby dedication service?

estrelas
26-04-2009, 09:13 AM
its like a christianing isn't it?

vix84
26-04-2009, 09:27 AM
its like a christianing isn't it?

Thats what I was thinking:)

littletreasures
26-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Yes it's like a christening, but they don't get wet!!!

I would take some raisins, juice, crayons and paper with you. I am sure they won't mind if he wanders around after all it is a service for a baby/child, just as long as he doesn't run round yelling and shouting

Hope it goes well

PixiePetal
26-04-2009, 09:52 AM
When my friends DD was Christened and I was a Godmother, my DD was 13months old. She sat with my friends mum and ate lots of raisins from little boxes, the only noise I heard from her was 'all gone' when she finished!

Some books, if he is happy to look and not be read to all the time? :)

It's a children's day so they shouldn't mind a bit of quiet chat.

mushpea
26-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Yes it's like a christening, but they don't get wet!!!

I would take some raisins, juice, crayons and paper with you. I am sure they won't mind if he wanders around after all it is a service for a baby/child, just as long as he doesn't run round yelling and shouting

Hope it goes well

this would have been fine if he was a little un but he is 8rys old and tall enough for people to think he is a 10yrold!!!
both my two were really well behaved though and he sat more or less still thorugh the whole thing, i must say though the vicar did run on a bit and seemed to talk about the same thing over and over again.
It wasnt like a christing like i thought, the parents stood up and agreed to look after their 'gift' but no god parents etc. this was to welcome baby in to the church the when he is older he can choose to be baptised.
nice service though.