PDA

View Full Version : 4 children under 5?

Kelly
08-02-2008, 08:48 PM
I have spoken to Ofsted today regarding the possiblity of having 4 children under 5. One of my parents is expecting a baby and I want to offer continuity of care. Ofsted said I needed to put it in writing, but they did encourage continuity of care for families.

Has anyone else got permission to mind more than 3 under 5? I do not want to get the mum's hopes up, she is ever so worried that she will have to leave and there are hardly any vacancies for children with childminders in my area.

deeb66
08-02-2008, 08:51 PM
In this situation it is very rare that Ofsted refuse permission as it is a sibling of a child you already look after.

I think you and the mum can stop worrying

mrsbumbles
08-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Yes i have got a variation in place for the end of Feb for 4 under 5s due to a sibling link, i faxed over my request, stating all the details,and how i intended to care for them, i had my reply within 14 days. So is possible. x

berkschick
08-02-2008, 09:49 PM
I have a variation for 4 under 5 ( just for one day a week) It was easy and very quick!

miss muffit
09-02-2008, 09:12 AM
Hi I also have permission for 4 children under 5yrs... I phoned ofsted then faxed all the details of times, days, names of all children in my care, they then phoned me to ask some questions, giving me permission over the phone…. but I couldn’t start minding the extra child till I had my certificate
Good luck K :)

sarah707
09-02-2008, 09:19 AM
So long as you emphasise the continuity of care element of your request and show how you intend to risk assess to keep all the children safe, you should be fine... good luck! :D

Mollymop
09-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Good luck, I hope you get on ok. XX