PDA

View Full Version : First Aid

deb24
04-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Can anyone suggest the best place to do the first aid.I have been looking into different ones the cost varies so much.I really want to do an all day course so it's done in one hit.

deeb66
05-12-2007, 08:31 AM
Hi

I do mine with St Johns Ambulance which takes 2 full Saturdays.

I have found these to be the best (for me anyway!)

Dee

LittleMissSparkles
05-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Hi

I do mine with St Johns Ambulance which takes 2 full Saturdays.

I have found these to be the best (for me anyway!)

Dee

thats what i did Dee it was much easier than couple of hours a week on an evening x

sarah707
05-12-2007, 09:55 AM
It's a 12 hour course! Can't be done in a day any more I'm afraid...

Talk to your local Early Years and see what they've got lined up - I just booked mine for next July!!

samw
05-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Ive just done mine over 2 Saturdays through my local Early Years team!

Sam x

emmylou
05-12-2007, 03:52 PM
:) same as Susan and Dee. St John's ambulance, two six hour sessions over 2 Saturdays cost £65.
Most of the other courses involved a few hours a week over so many weeks.(not ideal!)

emma x

Mollymop
05-12-2007, 04:46 PM
:) Hi!! I have just completed my first aid course. It was done over 2 consecutive Saturdays, 6 hours on both days, but we got through it really quickly and left after 4 hours on both days. It was though our Early years team, also. Plus we didn't have to pay for ours, I think it is all part of our grant, which I am glad about, as I really didnt wanna have to pay for it.:p

Sandra X

Pauline
05-12-2007, 04:51 PM
You must make sure that it is a 12 hour paediatric first aid course or you will be wasting your money.

It's also worth asking if there is any funding as often they can be done for free or part payment.

xx

deb24
05-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Thanks,I have just booked up with St John's Ambulance two Saturdays in January.Can I claim this back on my expenses?

LittleMissSparkles
06-12-2007, 05:55 AM
I did the early years first aid certificate with St Johns and it was 65 and I was refunded the money from our local funds that are available. Every area will be different though I'd phone and ask you local council/kidslincs/ etc

xxx

deeb66
06-12-2007, 08:44 AM
Thanks,I have just booked up with St John's Ambulance two Saturdays in January.Can I claim this back on my expenses?

Yes you can put this through your accounts as it is training and is relevant to childminding.

Does your local Early Years team do a start up grant?
Does your Early Years have a training fund?

Some areas do have start up grants and you can claim the money back through them so you don't have to pay for the course at all.

If your area doesn't do start up grants then perhaps you could claim a percentage of the costs back on individual training grants.

It is worth checking with your Early Years team as quickly as possible as you may be eligable for help/assistance with the costs.

Let us know how you got on.

Dee

mjw
06-12-2007, 08:55 AM
I have just booked on st johns course for next May! this has cost me
80 POUNDS( incl. vat) and the bursary from early years will be around 50 but I can't apply for this until after march.

manjay
06-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Our First aid course is paid for with our start up grant. we have been offered a few options so I am going to do the two day one and my husband is going to do the evening course. This way it means we always have someone to look after our children.

Amanda xx

Tiisku
30-01-2008, 03:59 PM
I phoned the local EY childcare advisor who put me on a list, and called me back to book me in for the next course. She gave me a choice of evening or weekend ones, I didn't mind so did it over 4 weeks, 3hours at a time. OUr county council paid most of it, all I had to pay was £10 ! It was with St John's. Great course.

sutherland
30-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Can anyone suggest the best place to do the first aid.I have been looking into different ones the cost varies so much.I really want to do an all day course so it's done in one hit.

djb training do one day course on a saturday. not sure where they cover though. Its costing me 35.

elaineg
30-01-2008, 09:04 PM
My course was free, I phoned early years and they put me on their list.

love Elaine XXX

avril
30-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Hi

Sefton early years organised and paid for my first aid course, they should have a list of any courses but places for first aid are like gold dust book asap!

Avril:laughing:

Rubybubbles
31-01-2008, 10:26 AM
I tryed to book on to a Sat but no surprise no funded spaces left, so I'be got 2 fridays in april!

Luckly a friend (non-minder) is having my children for me as before hubby would of taken the day off work.

It's costing me £25, when I first started childminding it cost me £88 :eek:, I always put cost of training through my books