PDA

View Full Version : Pre school offering sessions, lunch club and then staff care for children at home!

yummymummy
25-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Wow, just seen a teacher on our local netmums board saying she wants term time only care and doesn't want to pay anything at all in holidays. I was amazed to see that a lady replied saying her child's pre school offers sessions as normal then lunch club as an extra and then "suitably qualified staff"? will take the child to their own home and look after them until the parent collects. I can anly assume that these people are registered childminders who work some preschool sessions. It's no wonder many of the childminders in our area struggle to fill their vacancies when resourcefullness such as this is used!!!!!

FussyElmo
25-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Wow, just seen a teacher on our local netmums board saying she wants term time only care and doesn't want to pay anything at all in holidays. I was amazed to see that a lady replied saying her child's pre school offers sessions as normal then lunch club as an extra and then "suitably qualified staff"? will take the child to their own home and look after them until the parent collects. I can anly assume that these people are registered childminders who work some preschool sessions. It's no wonder many of the childminders in our area struggle to fill their vacancies when resourcefullness such as this is used!!!!!

Lets hope they are childminder's else I would be ringing ofsted to complain. It would be illegal for them to care for other people's in their own home. Our preschool owner used to have to wait on the pre school premises if the parents were late - she lived over the road - as she was not allowed to take them home.

nokidshere
25-04-2009, 06:52 PM
I read that to mean that the staff take the children back to the childs home to look after them? In which case they don't have to be registered!

nokidshere
25-04-2009, 06:53 PM
No - you are right - I think it was me who misread it :D

yummymummy
26-04-2009, 06:18 PM
I have posted before about my concerns about unregistered carers advertising on netmums but the reaction of the majority has been that they have benefitted by netmums childcare adverts and that parents will use their common sense re childcare but I do still wonder?????

hectors house
27-04-2009, 10:38 AM
I know a pre-school teacher who continued her registration as a childminder so in an emergency she could take child/ren home - she was worried Ofsted wouldn't renew it as she wouldn't have any children on role if they came to inspect but they did renew it and it is only for emergencies - not to take work away from childminders.