PDA

View Full Version : ALL ABOUT ME - THEME FOR MAY

Bex1
25-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Hello

I am thinking about May planning and although my kids are only small (12 mths, 16 and 17 months) I would like to do some themes with them as they do begin to get bored with toys and are much more interested in the phone, tv remote etc! I therefore thought about doing the theme about themselves so maybe doing hand printing, getting mirrors for them to look at themselves (my DD is 20 months old and will sit in front of a mirror for ages talking and laughing and touching the mirror).....is there anything else I could do! My 12 month old mindee would probably enjoy the mirrors but is not up to the same level at the other two..the 17 mth old is very intelligent and wiser than her years!

Thanks

singlewiththree
25-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Heads shoulders knees and toes.

Foot/hand prints in sand

Draw round them on wallpaper and let them put sticky eyes/nose etc on.

Maybe photos of their family and stick them on a family tree

Good opportunity to get multicultural pictures and look at them and let them stick bits on the faces such as eyes etc

Hope those help
Paula

nannymcflea
26-04-2009, 08:10 PM
I did this a few months back with 2, 2 year olds and a 1 year old.

Wrote home to parents to ask for photos of extended family we could use for sticking.

Hand print family trees.

Brought a toy and a book in each, a different child each week did this.

Sent "George dog" home with his diary, different child each weekend, so parents could fill it in and take a photo and we looked through it and talked about what kids did at weekend.

Books on families, different cultures.

Asking parents what they cook at home and all eating(or trying) that.

There was more but I cannot force myself off the sofa to look in my folder....sorry!:laughing: Have Fun.

sarah707
26-04-2009, 08:30 PM
I saw some lovely all about me books at the show this weekend.

They were made out of coloured card, hole punched and fastened with ribbon.

Pages included a photo of the child, pics of the child's close family, a page dedicated to fave toys, pic of child's pets at home etc... :D

Bex1
29-04-2009, 12:29 PM
thanks guys...just out of interest do you think my 3 mindees are a little young for themes? I decided to do it because they seem to be interested in shadows, looking at themselves in the mirror etc! The book you were on about, did the kids make them?

Becky xx