PDA

View Full Version : How does it work?

pinklady
24-04-2009, 06:09 PM
I've started minding this week and I have over £260 worth of expenses to put through for start up costs etc, that's without all the other things I can claim for like council tax and such.

I haven't earnt anywhere near that much this week so how do I go about claiming? Do I just do them in date order?

How do you all manage your receipts? Are they just kept incase your audited or do you send them off with your tax return? I'm sorry for all the stupid questions but I really don't want to mess it up!

estrelas
24-04-2009, 08:55 PM
i put them in order, 1,2,3 etc, then store them tilli need them next year.

i'd advise filling your book out regulary as things can massively mount up

estrelas
24-04-2009, 08:56 PM
sorry, no you don't send them off, just keep them all

brillminder
24-04-2009, 09:18 PM
keep a list on income and out goings date order and totals ( I use lisa finleys accounts package) its fab and works all stuff out for you i love it or you could devise a spread sheet too good luck

TheBTeam
25-04-2009, 05:30 PM
I use the ncma accounts book and fill it out every week or two.

I keep the receipts in two lots, one for ones that have been entered and these are just placed in the plastic sleeve in date order and the week of accounts that they have been entered into the book and another sleeve with lists of my standard amounts i.e. mileage to places that i go, meal costs, cleaning stuff and amounts that are for % for heat and light etc all written on a quick reference sheet and the receipts that are to be entered ready for when i next do the books.

Daftbat
25-04-2009, 05:34 PM
I use the NCMA accounts book and staple my receipts in to it for the relevant weeks. Keeps everything together.

PixiePetal
25-04-2009, 05:48 PM
I put all my receipts in a plastic popper wallet then when I do my accounts (hopefully weekly!) I check the date, put it down under relevent week and write on receipt 'week beginning' so I can cross reference if necessary. They then go into second wallet to be ignored :laughing: Or if IR need them.

Chatterbox Childcare
26-04-2009, 07:35 PM
It will all balance out so don't worry. Just put it all through and have a loss for this first week

sarahlou
26-04-2009, 07:37 PM
I have weks where i overspend but at the end of the year it all evens itself out