PDA

View Full Version : Unregistered childminders

Tatjana
24-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Hey ladies

I have been looking at a relatively new childcare website which has lots of people on there advertising as childminder which clearly aren't registered, why do you think they do this? Do they not know it's illegal to offer childminding services if you're not registered?

I find it alarming and not sure if anything should be done....like informing the people the run the site...what are your veiws on this?

xx

sue m
24-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Oh God, I daren't even start on this one, I started a row which went on for abut a week on netmums! I think I did anyway! :eek:

aly
24-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Oh God, I daren't even start on this one, I started a row which went on for abut a week on netmums! I think I did anyway! :eek:
Sue...that thread is still going on...:panic:

Tatjana....which site is it?

Blackhorse
24-04-2009, 11:27 AM
I would speak to the owners of the site as well... and post something if it was me.
I am fed up with people pretending to be childminders, when they are not registered...and can't believe parents care so little about who is looking after their kids.

also, these illegal people might still be claiming benefits money (as they probably don't declare their income and pay taxes etc either...) maybe worth while for benefit fraud to investigate too!

Andrea08
24-04-2009, 11:34 AM

have you got a link to that thread sue,,it could be iteresting reading...

also i have had to explain to parents in the school play ground that they are not allowed by law to collect other peoples children from school, take home and give then tea for money, flowers, chocolates or any payment etc unless they register with ofsted, ohhh the argument :eek: and they didnt like me for a while because they thought i was upset about not getting the work and that my fees were too hight!!! cheek of it

i say report to the site owner and that it is our duty to report and if nothing is done you will report to ofsted

good luck x

sue m
24-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Sue...that thread is still going on...:panic:

Tatjana....which site is it?

Never!!!! Really!!! :eek: I left that at the end of March cos I went to Yorkshire to see my Mum! Not sure it's a good idea for me to go back and look lol.

sue m
24-04-2009, 11:58 AM

also i have had to explain to parents in the school play ground that they are not allowed by law to collect other peoples children from school, take home and give then tea for money, flowers, chocolates or any payment etc unless they register with ofsted, ohhh the argument :eek: and they didnt like me for a while because they thought i was upset about not getting the work and that my fees were too hight!!! cheek of it

i say report to the site owner and that it is our duty to report and if nothing is done you will report to ofsted

good luck x

Oooh no, they wouldn't like that Andrea! lol They don't like being told they're doing something they shouldn't. I can't remember what the first thread was but it might have been "shocking", if you go on search you might find it. Someone else had it, might have been Red Dragon????

Yes, I agree, report it to the site owner and explain it cos they either don't get it or don't want to know. Then Ofsted. What do ofsted do though, do they have to report it to someone else cos if these women aren't registered, it's not Ofsted's ground is it?? Don't really know.

sue m
24-04-2009, 12:02 PM
http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/l...nder-fees.html

I know the link won't work cos these things never do for me but put shocking into search and it's there.

Tatjana
24-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Tatjana....which site is it?[/QUOTE]

Errm, not sure if i'm allowed to say on here? But i'm not advetising anything, it's childcare.co.uk

xx

Tatjana
24-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Well i have just emailed them to inform them, i'll let you know what they respond with...

xx

aly
24-04-2009, 01:09 PM
they are already advertising on here tatjana {they are a forum friend} look at the logo above....there was a thread not so long ago.

I emailed them a few times and still are on there advertising as childminders.

I would email them and give him the links etc. It is wrong.

Tatjana
24-04-2009, 01:15 PM
they are already advertising on here tatjana {they are a forum friend} look at the logo above....there was a thread not so long ago.

I emailed them a few times and still are on there advertising as childminders.

I would email them and give him the links etc. It is wrong.

Oh yeah, so they are, doooh of me!

I'll let you know what they say...if anything! Probably say it's upto the individual or something like that.

xx

Chatterbox Childcare
24-04-2009, 01:18 PM

good luck x

This is only the case if they have them for more than 2 hours - anything under this is babysitting

Andrea08
24-04-2009, 01:20 PM
http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/l...nder-fees.html

I know the link won't work cos these things never do for me but put shocking into search and it's there.

nosorry sue link sent me off to the north west and couldnt find it but its ok i think i got the idea now xxx

sue m
24-04-2009, 01:48 PM
No, I couldn't get it either Andrea, I did copy and paste but links hardly ever work for me lol. Even You Tube I had a problem with but think I've mastered it now.

OrlandoBelle
24-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Link worked for me, but over 20 pages of "shocking" related threads came up!

aly
24-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Link worked for me, but over 20 pages of "shocking" related threads came up!
thats the right link aimiev1704 :thumbsup:

OrlandoBelle
24-04-2009, 04:10 PM
thats the right link aimiev1704 :thumbsup:

Any idea what page it's on? There are 300 pages... not 20 as I first thought! :eek: Lol.

Bushpig
24-04-2009, 04:43 PM
I queried this when the owner of the site was chatting in the forum a couple of weeks ago... I asked if ads were moderated as there were many people saying they were childminders and they clearly weren't!!! :eek:

I belong to that site, might just leave it... I don't want affiliation with a busines (online or not) that allows this to happen :(

Bushpig
24-04-2009, 04:47 PM
I have just looked at my area again and the same ads I complanied about then are still there!!! :eek: It's obviously a free-for-all. I am going to email him direct with links to non-childminders. Most are babysitters... who don't know what the word 'childminder' actually means. There really needs to be some moderation!!! Not ONE in my area are registered childminders.

This is the kind of ad there, shocking I think.:(

Childminder in Chingford

About Me

I'm 43 years old & my partner is a Tennis coach & we have a 2 & half year old daughter. I have recently been made redundent from my job @ Royal Bank of Scotland in the city.

I have a 2 & half year old daughter & I'm starting a childcare course next week.

My Qualifications

a mother & auntie

My Availability

immedately.

My Fees

to be discussed.

aly
24-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Any idea what page it's on? There are 300 pages... not 20 as I first thought! :eek: Lol.

http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/lifestyle-8/work-study-childcare-44/270342-non-registered-childminder-fees-6.html#post3144413

sorry its not the front page...but thats the page i got too ;)

Bushpig
24-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks for that link - I have just added to it a bit. Boggles my mind how parents don't have the welfare of their children at heart :(

angeldelight
24-04-2009, 05:23 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Tatjana
24-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Well i got a reply asking which ones i was talking about, so i said i couldn't be going throught the whole 1,700+ but emailed back 6 links i found very quickly, including the one Bushpig mentions: qualifications - mum/auntie, lol!

Maybe we should all email them saying how unhappy we are with it...just an idea.

xx

sue m
24-04-2009, 06:19 PM
I've been back and had a read of the thread, it's absolutely ridiculous that it's still going on. I have that same angry feeling in my stomach about these stupid women that I had in March when I just went on and pointed out that unregistered 'childminders' weren't in fact childminders. The woman (Evalina?) who started it by asking if she was paying a reasonable amount of money as far as I remember was ok, it was some snotty *** who came on and posted after her who got nasty. I'm not going back to it because it makes me so angry and they are so ignorant and making such stupid points. It's been a month now and it's still going round and round in circles.

I went onto their website too and saw some of the adverts and I just came off it before I started posting again!!!!

Blackhorse
24-04-2009, 06:36 PM
I had to post on netmums now as I got so mad about the woman comparing the law to have to be registered with the laws about the use of cannabis...has the world gone mad now?

Tatjana
24-04-2009, 07:25 PM
The people on the links i gave have been changed to 'babysitters', shame i couldnt' be bothered to look for more of them.

Ladies, SO SORRY for using the term 'unregistered childminders', just had a read of the netmums thread and realised it's a no-no!:blush:

xx

OrlandoBelle
24-04-2009, 07:39 PM
That is shocking. And the way it is worded!!! Lol. Thats exactly how we were shown NOT to write an advertisment on the Childminding sector specific course! lol.

You can usually tell them a mile off by the way thay write their ads.

I would definately report them. x

Mollymop
24-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Sorry, I will be honest :blush: , but i never did realise it was illegal to care for children and get paid until I started my ICP in 2007.:panic:

I haven't read the thread, I will look in a minute. :)

Blackhorse
24-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Sorry, I will be honest :blush: , but i never did realise it was illegal to care for children and get paid until I started my ICP in 2007.:panic:

me neither to be honest, but I am sure I would have found it out if I had been looking for childcare.

I don't have the problem with people not knowing...we can't all know everything, but to continue once you are being told and to also defend it that is what is really bad I think.

The Juggler
25-04-2009, 09:03 AM
This is only the case if they have them for more than 2 hours - anything under this is babysitting

I emailed site owner recently to tell them someone was advertising for someone to run a creche for her exercise class, cash in hand. I replied to the woman advertising, pointing to her there were lots of regulations/insurance issues about setting up creche etc but she did not reply and site owners did not seem overly concerned either. What can you do!

Bushpig
27-04-2009, 10:29 PM
I emailed the site owner re aforementioned ads and he wrote a nice email back, and had changed all those I had mentioned to babysitter. I just think it needs someone to have a look through them now and again.

aly
28-04-2009, 12:38 PM
I emailed the site owner re aforementioned ads and he wrote a nice email back, and had changed all those I had mentioned to babysitter. I just think it needs someone to have a look through them now and again.
TBH I think it should be monitored etc that way unregistered are either blocked or changed upon the advert being placed. for all they know someone could be posting 'naughty' things etc.

As with most things especially if you have to pay adverts are usually checked before hand.