PDA

View Full Version : mindees space

devoncm
24-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Do you have a place for just mindees to go to if they've had enough? Own children have their room but mindees dont get their own space really as i only have lounge and kitchen downstairs, what do you all do if everyones had enough of eachother?

estrelas
24-04-2009, 09:20 AM
good question!

not sure tho?

Haven't thought about this but maybe i should

Sorry no help here, just thinking out load:)

huggableshelly
24-04-2009, 09:38 AM
no not really although I have a chair in the lounge that is kinda seperated due to it not really having anywhere to fit so it got placed by the window at an angle. Depending on how the children sit they can turn their backs on the whole room to watch the world go by but are still within the room (wow does that make any sense?)

I've never called it anything and never used it for time out ... its just become a natural place for the children to chill be alone yet still be seen.

I also have a filing cabinet in the bac room that is tucked out of the way with magnets on it. Again when children want to be on their own they seem to go there too.

sarah707
24-04-2009, 10:45 AM
I have a bench in the garden and the after schoolers often take a cushion outside and sit and chill.

I also encourage and help the children to set up tents and dens. They use cushions, blankets etc and sometimes one or 2 will disappear for a while ... :D

littlestar
24-04-2009, 10:55 AM
i have just found that they find there own space and find somewhere to go my 5yr old boy goes toilet Ive known him to be there for 20 Min's at times when someone has upset him or he gets angry i used to worry at first but then just left him to it and he comes round he has a little rant sometimes a sing then comes join us again :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Daftbat
24-04-2009, 01:35 PM
I am lucky that i have quite a bit of downstairs space so the kids can get away from eachother if they want to. I keep an ear out though for conversations leading to this being necessary and try to diffuse it or suggest they move areas for a while anyway.

estrelas
24-04-2009, 01:44 PM
[QU

I also encourage and help the children to set up tents and dens. They use cushions, blankets etc and sometimes one or 2 will disappear for a while ... ]

we haven't done dens yet, will tonight tho :laughing:

aly
24-04-2009, 02:05 PM
[QU

I also encourage and help the children to set up tents and dens. They use cushions, blankets etc and sometimes one or 2 will disappear for a while ... ]

we haven't done dens yet, will tonight tho :laughing:

That has just given me an idea too!!!:thumbsup: think I might go to charity shop to pick up some cheap sheets and stuff ;) :D

tinkerbelle
24-04-2009, 06:26 PM
i have a clothes airer the stand up type and put blankets on it to make a den younger kids use that very cheap to do and packs away easily
the older ones sit in our spare bedroom