PDA

View Full Version : kidz kargo?

mushpea
24-04-2009, 08:07 AM
hi has anyone owned one of these buggys? I am looking at buying the double tandem version and just wonded if they would be any good. as posted earlier i need a double for covering rough ground and just realized that a tandem wud be better as would fit around the woodland paths easier . if there any other tandem buggys that you have used which are good could you please let me know them too.
thanks

Helen79
24-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Sorry I haven't used one but have heard that they're VERY heavy. I have a mothercare tandem which is 14kg & is v difficult to push with 2 toddlers in. I think the kidz kargo is 19kg, might be easier to push with 3 wheels though.

littletreasures
24-04-2009, 10:14 AM
I bought one second hand and got rid of it 3 months later!!!
It is very heavy to push with 2 toddlers in it, and mine weren't heavy toddlers either.
I treated myself and bought an out n about nipper 360. It is fantastic to push even with 2 heavy children in it.

Louise_Oaktree
24-04-2009, 12:30 PM
I looked at these by Kidz Kargo but realised there was very little space in the rear seat which is more suited to a baby than a toddler. Also poor vision from this seat for the child.

I have the Graco (mine is a Mothercare but same model) Stadium Duo and although heavy I have found it to be really good. The wheels are huge which helps on rough ground, shopping basket nice and big for picnics etc.

I have just bought a silver cross pop duo to keep in the car though as am fed up with lifting 14kg in and out of the car boot!

moogster1a
24-04-2009, 03:06 PM
I had one of these.
Very heavy , and almost impossible to get round tight corners. Toppled right over a couple of times. Wouldn't reccommend it!

marian
24-04-2009, 03:13 PM
I had one - nightmare time - the wheels have a quick release which failed and the wheel would come off during a journey!!!
I tried to get replacement wheels / clip thingys but the customer care leaves a lot to be desired and never got either!:(

It looked good tho

Marian x

sarah32
24-04-2009, 03:56 PM
I looked at buying one of these last year and before I did I found a lady at the tots group I go to had one.

Put my mindee's which were 18 months and it was soo heavy and wasnt able to steer very well, also the toddler in the back had no room.

I would look at something else. I did have a mothercare studio and found this was a good tandem.

Hope that helps.

PixiePetal
24-04-2009, 04:34 PM
CM friend had one, handle too high - she is short!

Heavy too and she is getting a different one :(

sunnysmile
24-04-2009, 04:49 PM
very heavy, mine would pull to the right all the time but it was a fault so I got my money refunded.