PDA

View Full Version : enquiry

estrelas
23-04-2009, 09:01 PM
it was with my neighbour childminder,who passed it on

ok,at present i have 2 spaces left, but the ones i've got now are p time.
2 b4 and after,
one 3 years three days, occassionally till 8
one 2, part time at the moment going full time in may
2 starting sept b4 and after and hols

So at the moment, great kids,we're all getting on, i'm working enough and we're having lots of fun

The enquiry is an 18 month old, full time, one week 7.30 till 2,which is good
second week 12 till 8.30

I don't mind working till then but not sure every night, money wise totally fab, but thinking maybe just say no? as not sure i want to work that late every night regardless of money?

Any advice? i promised myself i wouldn't go to maximum numbers, etc, i am so loving child minding but what if that one is just too much?

:panic: ) she may not want me anyway :laughing: :laughing:

sweets
23-04-2009, 09:06 PM
not sure that i would want an 18mnth old till 8.30 at night, they would be tired and grumpy by then! but then again if it was only every other week i may consider it.
You would have to think how it would affect your family and if you needed the money really!
x

Louise_Oaktree
23-04-2009, 09:08 PM
I do until 8.15pm on a casual basis with one of my after school children and although it rarely happens every week it really depends on the child. I find the last hour drags as my son goes to bed at 7pm (Daddy puts him to bed) so mindee has no one to play with and constantly asking "When is my Mum coming". Have tried activities to distract her and it works to some extent but I think 8.15pm is late for a 5 year old. I only get an extra £10 but it's handy. Am trying to save up so I can do part time when I have baby No. 2 :D

estrelas
23-04-2009, 09:12 PM
i find this with the 3 year old i have, had her till 8.30 last week, so dad put mine to bed.

Then she got bored, asking wheres my mum etc
shes been here 3 weeks and the first time shes asked for mum, but i can't keep mine up when shes tired or she turns into the devil :laughing: :laughing: , i like her to be in bed by 7, so that is another problem

youarewhatyoueat
23-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Have you asked when the child usually goes to bed? maybe bath and bottle and snuggled up on the sofa/buggy ready for bed at 6pm may not be too bad.
At least only alternate weeks but 8.30 is late not sure I would want it but it would interfere with putting my kids to bed. Good luck deciding,sorry not much help.
Caroline

estrelas
23-04-2009, 09:20 PM
I haven't met with her yet, monday so will ask her this

Was hoping to make my mind up first x

Zoomie
23-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Can I ask how you are managing with all the paperwork side of things ?

Are you obs up to date, diary writing etc etc.

I already have 3 of my own, and in an ideal world would like one full time place, with the odd session for another / different child. I seriously wonder how I will find time to do all the planning and paperwork side of things.

Can you offer any tips ? (sorry, don't mean to go OT, but it is worth thinking about). :)

atmkids
23-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Personally I wouldn't take any more on if I felt I was already doing enough and was happy with what I was earning. Once you've taken somebody on it's very hard to then change your mind and you can't miss what you haven't got. Good luck with your decision.

brillminder
23-04-2009, 09:45 PM
hard one, maybe you could take them to there house if you have partner at home and charge well for it and put her to bed !!!

Buzz Lightyear
24-04-2009, 08:09 AM
You'll have to see how the meeting goes on Monday and see how the child is. You are already working late sometimes with your other mindee so maybe it wouldn't be a problem and some extra money can be put aside?

estrelas
24-04-2009, 08:59 AM
thanks for replies

still unsure, i will speak to the woman on Monday and see.

Ellie, putting money away??? what does that mean?:laughing: :laughing:
No seriously your right its like nearly 600 a month, extra but moneys not everything and I like it now :panic: :panic: :panic: lol, will just wait and see...........

Buzz Lightyear
24-04-2009, 09:02 AM
No it's not everything I agree but it could well help out if you have a draught of children although from what you're saying, you sound pretty popular so maybe a nice spending spree instead, lol :thumbsup:

estrelas
24-04-2009, 09:06 AM
its just really busy around this area, el, everyones full and there always seems to be enquiries. The minders around here help out loads, passing kids on etc. Everyone knows who needs what hours so they direct the enquires to that minder. So wouldn't say i was popular just lucky where I am.

(thinking about all them shoes I could buy :idea: )