PDA

View Full Version : aarrgghhh Ofsted are coming!!

lizzymoonshine
08-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Hi

Just wondered if anyone could offer me some advice, ofsted coming in march, what exactly from a paper work, policies, planning point of view do they look at? and does anyone arrange in a particular order? just trying to get up to date.

x:eek: :eek: :eek:

sarah707
08-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Have a browse around the forum - there are lots of ideas for inspections!

You can also get some info from my file here -

http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2811

Hope it helps! Good luck! :D

Cheeky Chops
08-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi

Just wondered if anyone could offer me some advice, ofsted coming in march, what exactly from a paper work, policies, planning point of view do they look at? and does anyone arrange in a particular order? just trying to get up to date.

x:eek: :eek: :eek:

first of all......breathe in and out and in and out again slowly......

There is loads of advice around the forum so have a look you can find all sorts!! I havnt had my inspection yet, but its due soon! :eek: I am getting all my policies done, all though I have them done I seem to find new ones I need everyday!! hehe! I am cracking of with observations and keeping the childrens work as Im told ofsted like to see this!! But the big thing I seem to keep hearing is they watch how you are interacting with the mindees more than anything!

xx x

lizzymoonshine
08-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Thank you guys,

I'm a nervous wreck now, got three weeks to go yet!

angeldelight
08-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Have a good luck round and you will get some great hints and tips

Good luck

Angel xx

Spangles
09-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine!

Easy for me to say though as I haven't had one yet and I know for a fact I will be more nervous than anyone has ever been before! Ha ha!

Mollymop
09-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Good luck XX

lizzymoonshine
09-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks for all your help guys, been updating all the policies today. Going to start taking the kalm pills now i think!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

angeldelight
09-02-2008, 10:15 PM
You will be fine

Angel xx

deeb66
10-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Good luck

I am sure you will be fine - don't forget to let us know how you got on

lizzymoonshine
10-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Oh i will, sorry guys if i bombard you with questions between now and then!

:) :eek: :) :eek:

LittleMissSparkles
10-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Mines due before March too so we can be nervous wrecks together !!!! LOL

xxx

lizzymoonshine
10-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Oh that would be good, just frightened i'm not up to scratch!

I haven't got any readable planning for the BTTM or foundation stage, but i've done some for the EYFS do you think Ofsted will be ok with that?

x

deeb66
10-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Oh that would be good, just frightened i'm not up to scratch!

I haven't got any readable planning for the BTTM or foundation stage, but i've done some for the EYFS do you think Ofsted will be ok with that?

x

It is difficult to say as it will depend upon the inspector that comes to see you.

Some could appreciate that it is easier for you to work towards EYFS and not BTTM but others may want to see BTTM.

It is not statutory requirement that you work to BTTM so you will still be ok but as I said it really does depend upon the inspector.

I know of someone who was inspected recently and the inspector told her that she didn't want to see anything to do with EYFS as it does not come into practice until September and that she wanted to see BTTM

But then this is a minder who has been minding for a few years so inspector would expect to see some BTTM anyway.

It might be totally different for newly registered minders as it is a bit silly to get them to work to BTTM when they realy need to be getting their heads around EYFS.