PDA

View Full Version : Contracts / Permission Forms / Record Forms.........

katickles
08-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Hi everyone

This might have been asked so many times before I can't seem to find a thread, or again, it might just be a stupid question!

With all the paperwork, contracts, permission forms etc, do you usually fill in as many of the details yourself before parents come to sign contracts or do you fill them all in together?

Its just there is that much to compleate it must take forever! I was hoping that if a parent agreed to me minding the child, I could arrange a time to come & sign contracts. I was hoping that it would be ok to fill in as much as I could myself then the remainding parts that i need info from them to compleate, I could then do this once they are here. Does this sound ok?

sarah707
08-02-2008, 01:15 PM
I tend to do it when we're together... just so nobody can say they didn't read it properly.. if we're together they actually see it being written iykwim...

:D

deeb66
08-02-2008, 04:44 PM
I try and do it together as well......I find that it stops problems further on down the line such as them disputing paying for Bank Holidays and their holidays/sickness etc..

If it is filled in together and you talk about every thing as you go along then they cannot dispute that they already knew!

tulip0803
08-02-2008, 04:54 PM
When I used the NCMA contracts I used to fill my own details in before hand but any thing to do with the child, money, hours etc I would go through with the parents before filling it in. This was so I knew that they understood exactly what each section meant and I knew what they wanted.

Julia XX

buildingblocks
08-02-2008, 05:53 PM
I fill in my personal details and i also fill in details such as my fees. Anything else I do with them there but I also go through everything that I have already filled in if this makes sense.

susi513
08-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Contract - I give parents a blank copy with my handbook when they come for interview but I don't go through it bit by bit with parents any more. I used to but you know how it is when you're waffling on and you know the other person isn't listening? Well I found parents didn't remember later on what they'd previously signed - probably cos they had tuned me out by the time I got half way down the first page ! So now I make sure they take them home to read carefully before signing. At their second appointment, when they bring back the application form and deposit, I give them the permission forms and then when they come back with those I give them the contract. I type out the whole thing on a Word Template so it just needs checking & signing. I always give it to the parents to take home and read through in their own time, saying that I'm happy to discuss anything they're not sure about. But by this time I expect to have already discussed everything on it anyway.

Permission forms, child record forms etc - I don't fill in any of these. I explain to parents briefly what they are all for (which gives them opportunity to say if they're not going to give permission for something) and they either fill in the forms while I play with their child or more usually they take them home to fill in & return. Again, I always stress that I'm happy to discuss anything that they're not entirely happy with or are unsure about. I then read through them carefully when they come back to make sure they've completed & signed everything.

I have spent considerably more time with a couple of families where their first language is not english, we sat and went through together sentence by sentence. I wanted to make absolutely sure they understood what they were giving permission for. Which isn't easy when the parent just nods at everything you say !

Sandie
08-02-2008, 10:17 PM
I do the same as Susi I run through the forms quickly with the parents then give them the pack to take home and fill in all the relevant details. When they return the forms I then type them all up for the parents to check then we both sign them together when we are both happy.

This way I get to spend more time doing my job which is introducing myself to the parents and the child and answering other more important questions like what plans I have for the car of their children.

Banana
08-02-2008, 10:25 PM
I fill in my personal deatils on the contracts and everything else is doen while the parents are here
x

berkschick
09-02-2008, 09:46 AM
On the first visit it is normally an informal chat and cuppa. I give them my policies to read over while they are there. This gives me a chance to play with their kids too.

Then if they want me, they come back a second time and sign all permission forms and contracts. This normally takes an hour but it is good to meet the parents & child/ren a second time before they start with me for real.

I fill in my details before they come but we fill in the fees and child details together.