PDA

View Full Version : Am i reading too much into it?

childmind04
23-04-2009, 12:02 PM
You may remember i had a screamer start beginning of March, during the 3 weeks he screamed mum and dad were very anxious and i felt they would end the contract at anytime, fortunatly he turned a corner on the fourth week and has been a dream ever since.

i also mind his 9 year old sister, now on Monday i had made spaghetti bolognese all fresh, but she can be very greedy and it was ate within minutes plus she took someone elses piece of garlic bread, apparently that night she was ill with indegestion and was then sick, the next day dad dropped lo at the school and asked if i would cut her meals down and not giver her as much meat as 'she does not know when she is not hungry!!!', he never mentioned they had gave her a snack/light meal, when i got her she had a box of biscuits (10) to eat :eek:

I explained to her i was not prepared to give then to her, and i would give her fruit and explain to mum, anyway did but they never really acknowledged what i said just grabbed and ran.

Today they never showed up this morning but sometimes dad knows if he is late i will catch him at school, anyway he was in yard but no bay, so when i asked he said he was poorly and mum was taking him to gp, i asked if i had N and he just said he will let me know???

Really dont know how much more i can do for this family but they always seem to be able to make me doubt my ability, i cant really explain it but the conversation this morning was like pulling teeth and very difficult :(

Has anyone any suggestions, i usually do a 3 month review after the initial settling in month but that is not due until July!!

Help, sorry very long

melanieabigail2004
23-04-2009, 01:05 PM
I think you need to bring the review meeting forward and agree on the best way to handle things moving forward. If you do this and then things are still not great at least you know you have tried before you give notice (if that's what you plan to do?)

Mel

sarah707
23-04-2009, 01:36 PM
I agree I think y ou need to bring the review forward as well. Hopefully they will talk to you properly then.

If their dd is eating too much you might be best putting less on her plate and if she eats it sensibly offering seconds, that's what we do with fast eaters. They are usually sick because they are not chewing properly either so you could do a chewing game at the table for a few nights with all the children so she doesn't feel singled out.

Hth :D