PDA

View Full Version : Policies

deb24
04-12-2007, 11:33 PM
I have got my inspection next week.Can you tell me if you need to have your own policies to show them.
Do you have to do this as the childminder I used to use only gave me a contract no policies.

Polly2
05-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Hi Deb

In my area I had submitted some basic policys with part 2 of my application so when I had my inspection she didn't want to see them because they already had copies.

I have even more policies now! There is a list of policies on this forum - really helpful - not sure where though, maybe someone brainier than me will come along and post you a link :)

Also I always give parents a copy of all my policys when they sign contract.

Good luck with your inspection - hope it goes well and you are registered soon

love Hollyx

sarah707
05-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Here you go!

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=218

It's not compulsory to have policies, but it's good practice - especially important to show parents how you feel on certain subjects

If you're going to do any, make it the really important ones - have a look on the ncma website downloads

Especially important - safeguarding (old child protection which must contain tel number for your local safeguarding children board), behavoiur (including positive behaviour management techniques you use) and emergency (how you intend to get out and who you would ring)... then procedures - lost child and lost parents

Have a look at the Ofsted booklet 'are you ready for your inspection?' latest update here -

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/portal/site/Internet/menuitem.eace3f09a603f6d9c3172a8a08c08a0c/?vgnextoid=72b377cb533a1110VgnVCM1000003507640aRCR D

Have fun!

angeldelight
05-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Good luck and happy printing ha

Angel xx

Trouble
06-12-2007, 07:11 PM
hi my name is rascals
when i had my inspections they asked for policies if you have a look on other peoples websites you can get the general jist of what they are about. with out copying their work good luck.:D