PDA

View Full Version : Why cant they just call ..............

emmadines
23-04-2009, 10:30 AM
instead of just not turning up :angry:

I called her an hour later the reply I got was "oh was it the 23rd??"
I said "Yes"
she said "oh I forgot"
I said " would you like to rebook?"
she said "errrrr donno"
I said "well do you want the space?" was getting quiet blunt at this point!!
she said "aww I dont know, its quiet expensive"
I said well its £4.00 full time, $.50 part time. I'll leave it to you and you call me if you would like the "pace"

I forgot, Im a childminder - I dont have things that need doing, places that I need to go......... My own children that I need to see too:angry: :angry:

AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :censored: :censored: :angry:

sorry Im abit ticked off needed to rent

oh well never mind:(

TheBTeam
23-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Some people have no conscience!! (first word in ages, i have realised i am not sure how to spell it, think that is right!)

I too who had one who bothered to ring and rearrange at the last minute, only to then not turn up to the rearranged one, and i didn't hear from her again!!

I am supposed to have a lady tonight with a 5,8 and 11 year old, she didn't like the price, so wouldn't be surprised if it is a no show, i think i was the last resort as she phoned 3 weeks ago and then again last week, i think when no one else was available, she wanted something cheaper!!

emmadines
23-04-2009, 10:39 AM
I suppose my house is abaslutly spotless lol butter then a kick in the teeth (well it be tidy till my minded kids are collecetd lol)

amirose
23-04-2009, 10:53 AM
I suppose my house is abaslutly spotless lol butter then a kick in the teeth (well it be tidy till my minded kids are collecetd lol)

Sorry to hear she did that, haven't had this happen in childminding (yet :panic: ) but was a self employed nail tech previously and it used to happen all the time :rolleyes:

This is the right attitude though :clapping: Every time I arrange to meet a parent I do a big clean and think to myself well if they don't turn up it is OK because the house will have had a really good clean and this have given me the incentive to do it :thumbsup:

Buzz Lightyear
23-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Awh how rude, I know this will be no consolation but sounds like you've had a lucky escape hun. Chin up and onto the next enquiry :thumbsup: We can do without those "types" of parents. p.s. do not let her bargain down your fees.

Demonjill
23-04-2009, 03:26 PM
No wonder you are mad. I would be too!! Especially after cleaning the house lol.
Hope the next one signs up with no probs.:thumbsup:

I dont know about anyone else but I always treat people the same as I wish to be treated. I take it really to heart when im let down.

O well enjoy your clean house:laughing:

her8y
23-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Some people have no thought for others do they. I (luckily) havent experienced this yet but am sure it will happen.

I would just think what unreliable parents they would be to work with:eek:

Enjoy your tidy house. Mine looks like a bomb has hit it but i am on here instead of tidying it up (mindees gone now):laughing:

emmadines
23-04-2009, 03:46 PM
her8y :laughing: :laughing: (mine are plaing on the train track quiet happily "wooden one that is")

ellie, I have no intension of putting down my prices, they were put above (only by 50p) the other minders in my areas as ppl were starting to up their hourly rate and the last thing I wanted to do was to up mine within a month or so of a mindee starting!

loocyloo
23-04-2009, 05:03 PM
i had an email last week ...

'desperately looking for childcare, current minder not working out ... giving days/hours care required etc. please reply asap'

so i replied ...

not a sausage in return! not even a 'thanks but no thanks' !!!

so i have just emailed again, asking if they got my first email!

and i am pretty sure it is genuine, as it is a name i recognise from an enquiry last year, that i couldn't do at the time!

also replied to an ansaphone message, no reply back!

some people are so rude!

nell57
23-04-2009, 05:11 PM
It is annoying:angry:

I've had it done too me a couple of times now, so kinda got used to it:laughing:

P.S. My house is like a bomb has hit, but I'm on here while hubby, who just got in from work, is having a tidy round;)

emmadines
23-04-2009, 05:13 PM
It is annoying:angry:

I've had it done too me a couple of times now, so kinda got used to it:laughing:

P.S. My house is like a bomb has hit, but I'm on here while hubby, who just got in from work, is having a tidy round;)

:laughing: :laughing:

jibberjitz
23-04-2009, 09:24 PM
It doesn't take a minute to call does it :angry: