PDA

View Full Version : variation needed for own child moving to next age range?

singlewiththree
22-04-2009, 01:14 PM
OK I was just soaking in the bath last night and thinking about EYFS and just wondered this.

My daughter is in my under 5 numbers, when she starts school full time she moves into my 5-8 numbers. What happens if I have no spaces in that age range? Would I apply for a variation for my daughter to go into that range or would I just have to make sure that I did not go over my numbers and leave her a space?

rickysmiths
22-04-2009, 01:18 PM
You would have to allow for her in your registed numbers, if you wanted to take on a child that takes you over your numbers you would then apply for a variation for them, but not your own.

tinkerbelle
22-04-2009, 02:00 PM
your certificate should state you are allowed x amount of children under 8
your daughter is already included in the amount of children you have up to her turning 8.
it just means if you have your full number of under 8's i.e. 2 under 5 and 3 5 to 8's plus your daughter your daughter would be taking the under 5's place up still not be allowed to take any more children on if you had them, at the same time
you can have your certificate changed at that time to read of which no more than 3 may be in the early years age group but you would not be able to take any more children on
correct me if im wrong but thats how i understand the conditions

mum2two
22-04-2009, 02:11 PM
You are fine. Say you have DD, and you are then registered for another 5 under 8's. You are only allowed 2 under 5 as DD is one of them at the moment. When she's at school, you are still within your numbers, as you will still only have 2 under 5, and a total of 5 under 8.

You can get ofted to amend your cert as you would in effect be allowed to have 3 under 5, but in practice not allowed, as you already have filled all your 5 spaces.

I hope that makes some kind of sense....

HomefromHome
22-04-2009, 03:05 PM
ring ofsted and check!!!
its the best thing to do and they are not as scary as they sound!
write it all down - your kids, minded kids and their ages
:)

Chatterbox Childcare
22-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Your certificate should allow you to have 5 under 8 of which 2 can be under 5. Once you DD turns 5 she you certificate can be amended in 2 places:

1. You will have 5 under 8 of which 3 can be under 5.

2. You will need a clause showing that although you can have 3 under 5 if you have a child (your own) who is 4 or 5 in full time education then you can have 4 children in the EYFS register range.

No matter what you do you will not free up any additional spaces if you have 5 under 8 plus your own.

singlewiththree
22-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Thanks its made it all clear now. My girls are now 8,3,2 I've just moved my DD1 to the over 8 bracket so its made my certificate say
1 under 5
3 under 8

In Sept my DD2 starts school so she moves into the under 8 category so I guess it will then say

2 under 5
2 under 8

I'm not taking afterschoolies at the moment so that wont be a problem :-)