PDA

View Full Version : Assistants

Jelly Baby
22-04-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm sure this is posted elsewhere but just to let you know that they have allowed dh to stay as my assistant. I was due to be inspected in Jan and after the lady calling and saying i couldn't use him anymore she said she would look into it and be in touch..heard from her yesterday and she is inspecting me friday, she said good news that they have had lots of complaints and dh is now ok again!!

Twinkles
22-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Must have missed the original post about this.
Why did they say he couldn't be your assistant in the first place ?
Have just registered my DH as my assistant.

Pauline
22-04-2009, 02:26 PM
I put a post in the assistants section last week. Ofsted have bought out a new booklet, but it is still not all good :( Assistants cannot be left in sole care of children on the Childcare Register, but they can on the Early Years Register :rolleyes:

I will move this thread to the 'assistants' section :)

Jelly Baby
22-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Ah she never said this to me so which is which..is the early years reg the younger kids? its the older ones i need i suppose help with more? this was the issue before as she said dh couldnt do my school run for me as he does a thursday 10 minute drive with them..grrr

Pauline
22-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Ah she never said this to me so which is which..is the early years reg the younger kids? its the older ones i need i suppose help with more? this was the issue before as she said dh couldnt do my school run for me as he does a thursday 10 minute drive with them..grrr

Sorry didn't word earlier post correctly.

They can be left in sole care of EYR children (the younger ones) the older children can be left in sole care ONLY off the premises. so you can't leave them at home alone with the assistant.

Plus you must have written permission from Ofsted and you must have written permission from parents.

Megan
22-04-2009, 11:04 PM
But can the assistant collect the older children from school alone. (I read it as not)?

Megan

Pauline
23-04-2009, 06:19 AM
But can the assistant collect the older children from school alone. (I read it as not)?

Megan

I read the latest information as yes, as they will be off the premises. :)

In earlier rules they were not allowed, that is why the changes were made. But why they cannot be alone on the premises with older ones but they can with younger ones, is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Jelly Baby
23-04-2009, 08:51 AM
See its madness and im non the clearer!! basically if nothing has changed as she said then great i will clarify this with her tommorow..will be nice me asking her some questions for once! Dh this morning took the little one to the park instead of doing the school run BUT i read the above as them being off the premises so he could do either?

Pauline
23-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Dh this morning took the little one to the park instead of doing the school run BUT i read the above as them being off the premises so he could do either?

As far as my interpretation of the new rules goes, yes. :)

The booklet was published 9th April so make sure that the inspector knows about it and isn't giving you old information! :rolleyes: