PDA

View Full Version : Blooming heck

Pipsqueak
22-04-2009, 10:24 AM
:angry: just been doing my vacancy and support ring rounds for this month and I have a couple on my list (of experienced, long term minders) who are really doing my head in.

Even before this "ey thingy" came in (as they refer to it) for months I was giving them help, suppport, info, places to look for info, where they could get a pack, training that was coming up etc etc.
Every month I have rung them they have the same questions more or less and some other gripe.
Todays was; don't understand this stuff...<what stuff (me)?>, all this EY thingy, where are we supposed to get information for it?
I took a deep breath and asked (for the zillionth time) have you got your EYFS pack yet...no was the reply what is it.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: So I explain AGAIN.
I then suggested that we get together and I talk them through it and perhaps I can get the 2 new minders in their area around as well so they can all help each other out - the answer really shocked me....
' no i have seen them new ones about and they look really stuck up. I don't want anything to do with them. I have always worked on my own and they look really cliquey and I don't want them interfering and nosing into my business
I wasn't sure really what to say to that, so I said that her perogative but in their defence the 2 new minders are lovely and one of them is really shy and as far as I was aware there is no clique going on.
this minder then said to me quite snappy like 'and don't you be going telling them I said that'.
By this point I was deep breathing to control my reply:eek:
She then started going on that all the new minders get the help and exisiting ones don't - I calmly explained that the training is there for everyone to access and that I have told her about the training available, I have offered my support on many occacsions and also our CDO is availalbe to. to which she said - fat lot of good any of you do - why should she give up her precious time to go on training.

Honestly there is no helping some people is there:rolleyes: :D

(ps - after all that I am going to her place on Monday to "help" her!!!:rolleyes: )

Roseolivia
22-04-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm really lucky that all the minders i'm in contact with are lovely and are really helpful. I think sometimes i come across as stuckup to people because i'm pretty shy with people i don't know and will sometimes (usually) wait for others to speak to me.

Andrea08
22-04-2009, 10:30 AM
:angry: she should be lucky and greatful you rang her and visit to help her!!!

how long have you been helping these cm's? do they not listen to you? dont give them the forum address lol or mmmm will that help them?

you give up a lot of time to help others she should respect you more

Lick'le Oakes
22-04-2009, 10:59 AM
You must have the patience of a saint.

I don't mind helping anyone - infact i get pleasure out of it but i do find my patience runs out when they don't help themselves:mad:

emler
22-04-2009, 11:02 AM
It must be like banging your head off a brick wall Pip!!! Good luck on Monday, rather you than me lol

nell57
22-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Like you say some people are beyond help. if she not willing to listen to your advice she's the one loosing out in the long run. I'm sure there are loads who really appreciate what you do for them , so well done for that and keep up the good work:clapping:

We're lucky in this area there is loads of help, but there are still minders who are really old school who think they should be left to get on with it, like they have always done:rolleyes:

Hope your session with her goes well:thumbsup:

huggableshelly
22-04-2009, 12:09 PM
I hope it goes ok for you and they do not turn you grey or bald.

most of the cm's around here are friendly (apart from me that is) everyone gets on (none of them like me as I'm mean and horrid) and they all help eachother out when needed (but not me I'm a loner noone likes me).

Even new cm's have been reallty friendly (umm well not to me) its kinda a team effort especialy when a parents calls .. most of us know who has vacancies and what age group eachother prefer (well not including me that is) so able to pass parents on to those who may be able to offer places.

same with EY thingy too ... its quite normal for a cm to call another cm asking which thingy relates to a thingy the child has done in order to get their learning journal thingies filled out.

TheBTeam
22-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Ungrateful lot some people, she should be so lucky as to have someone bothering, in our area we can not even get our cdo or childrens centre to bother!

huggableshelly
22-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Ungrateful lot some people, she should be so lucky as to have someone bothering, in our area we can not even get our cdo or childrens centre to bother!

windmill childrens centre is pretty helpful but the CDO I think you have the same one as me lol but wont name as to be honest I think its her lack of experience that is letting us all down.

LittleMissSparkles
22-04-2009, 12:24 PM
I would have said politely if you dont need my help I wont bother you again good day...... x

some people are so ungrateful sometimes xxx

Mollymop
22-04-2009, 12:29 PM
She sounds like hard work!

Daftbat
22-04-2009, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't waste my time in constantly trying to help them. They obviously are not very bothered. I hope that you make it clear when you go on Monday that YOU are giving up your time for THEIR benefit and that if they are not going to even try thenm you will remove your services.:angry:

georgie456
22-04-2009, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE=Lick'le Oakes;399194]You must have the patience of a saint.

I agree!!!!

FussyElmo
22-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Personally I think that you're a star and way better than them:) :)

teacake2
22-04-2009, 01:54 PM
I have got so fed up with being a support minder that I have now resigned. There are some people who really appreciate all the time we put in to help them with everything and then there are the others as described who just wind you up all the time. Then of course there are the ones who do not even reply to you when you try and try to contact them. I think that you can judge the new minders quite easily, there are the ones who will make a really good job of it and will do their best for the children/parents, and there are some who have decided that it will be an easy way to earn some money and perhaps get the job centre off their back. And as we all know don't we, this is not a cushy job, we all work very hard with our paperwork, looking after the children and the parents, messing our families around, doing training and very often we don't even get a thank you for it, but we do it because we love it!!!.
Please don't read any of this the wrong way for all the new minders out there, because all of us on this forum are dedicated, committed, brilliant childminders:jump for joy: :jump for joy:
Teacake2

Blaze
22-04-2009, 02:09 PM
:eek: I think it's shocking that they don't even have an EYFS pack...if OFSTED turned up on their doorstep...they would be in big doo doo!:rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
22-04-2009, 03:55 PM
I am going to order this lady a pack and take it with me next week along with some sheets of paper and a highlighter!!! lol or do you think that will smack of being sarcastic too much??:rolleyes:

I try really hard to have patience and be understanding - after all some people for whatever reason may not have the confidence in themselves. although, there is a limit to my patience:blush: . She is probably a great childminder but just not 'getting' the rest of it.

I have told countless of my newbie supports about this forum, along with several existing minders - but in reference to Angels thread about people thinking forums are sad etc, I think that there is there train of thought - more fool them.

Ripeberry
22-04-2009, 04:03 PM
our local council wants to get all the new minders, experienced minders together for an informal meeting one evening. It should be interesting. In our own local areas of course as there are too many.

jibberjitz
22-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Hope it goes ok on Monday :thumbsup: