PDA

View Full Version : Couple of queys r.e y ofsted visit...

Jelly Baby
21-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Well she is coming this friday and i am worrying about a few things..first thing is my SEF as not long had my code through and feel i will never get it done in time..not even looked at it yet..how long does it take? and if i do it online how will she see it?

My mindee who i have after school 2 days..i do her a diary but havent interacted with the school at all and it says in the are you ready book that you should..what will she say about this?

Thanks

Daftbat
21-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Hi,

If you can get chance to at least do part of the SEF it will help. The inspector will look at it on line prior to your visit. It is designed to save time on inspection day as they will not have to ask you about some things that you have already covered on the SEF.

If you haven't managed to interact with the school yet then try doing an action plan for yourself showing what you are intending to do. Another tip with schools is that depending on how good their website is you may be able to get details of the curriculum subject topics for each year group. If you manage to get the info you can show the inspector how you plan to integrate these in to your own activities.

Kelly
21-04-2009, 08:43 PM
I think I will have a visit tomorrow from the inspector! I've only done half my sef, i've printed out what i've done as she said she wouldn't have time to look at it on line anyway. I've stopped for a bath now, there's no point worrying if she's only going to read it tomorrow!!!

Andrea08
21-04-2009, 08:44 PM
ditto , also may i add that sarah has a good e-book on the SEF that will help you fill it in (IN ENGLISH),, All the best hun x x x x

Jelly Baby
21-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks will go into school tommorow and see them! as for the SEF well canot find my code now but hopefully will do and get some done before friday..thanks again.

desiderata
22-04-2009, 09:56 PM
What I did was make up a letter from me saying that I needed permission to pass information between the school and myself about the child for the eyfs

So I put that in writing and then got the school teacher for their year and the parents to sign the letter. Ofsted were fine with that.

Chatterbox Childcare
22-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Speak to the parents and ask them to sign a letter (prepare it for them) enabling you to talk to the other setting and put this is the child's file. Explain to the inspector that you have verbal conversations at the beginning and end of each session and share information that way. They don't want everything in writing all the time but just to know that you are talking.

A copy of the other settings plan helps too. A newsletter that the children get each term.

Here is mine if you want a guide/use it for ease.

OrlandoBelle
02-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Speak to the parents and ask them to sign a letter (prepare it for them) enabling you to talk to the other setting and put this is the child's file. Explain to the inspector that you have verbal conversations at the beginning and end of each session and share information that way. They don't want everything in writing all the time but just to know that you are talking.

A copy of the other settings plan helps too. A newsletter that the children get each term.

Here is mine if you want a guide/use it for ease.

Thanks Debbie. I have just used your forms and will send them out tomorrow! I submitted a thread earlier about liaising with other settings asking if anyone had a letter... and here you are! You're a star!:D

tas
08-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Debbie, your forms are a great help thank you! :)

SandCastles
09-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Debbie you letters are wonderful and will be using them soon. Thanks