PDA

View Full Version : Anybody also work for Sitters?

Willowdancer
21-04-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm thinking about registering with them for evening baby sitting work. Anyone know what they're like to work for?

FizzysFriends
21-04-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm thinking about registering with them for evening baby sitting work. Anyone know what they're like to work for?

I have my interview with them on 3rd May. My friend works for them and gets loads of jobs.

Willowdancer
21-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Ooh good luck :) I'm going to give them a call I think to see whether my year of volunteering 4 (sometimes 5) times a week in our eldest's reception year classroom will count as experience as I see they ask for 2 years :rolleyes:

FizzysFriends
21-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Ooh good luck :) I'm going to give them a call I think to see whether my year of volunteering 4 (sometimes 5) times a week in our eldest's reception year classroom will count as experience as I see they ask for 2 years :rolleyes:

I don't have 2 years formal experiance either, I best check thats ok.

TheBTeam
21-04-2009, 06:19 PM
I did work for them, but stopped when my childminding got really busy and i would scarcely have time to breath. They were fine, they would text with bookings etc, however they strike you off if you refuse a number (can't remember how many) bookings.

The parents pay you so you are not waiting around for your money.

loocyloo
21-04-2009, 10:04 PM
a friend worked for them, she is an experienced nanny.

they took her off the books, as they said that in a year, she hadn't completed enough bookings ... i can't remember the numbers now, but she HAD actually done more than 60 odd sits in a 12 mth period !!! which i think is alot..equates to more than one a week! and she was working fulltime, and had babysitting duties as part of her everyday job!

she complained and they put her back on, then took her off when she turned down a booked sit, when it was really snowy, and she knew she wouldn't be able to get to the booking as all the roads were blocked!

good luck!

xxx

Heaven Scent
21-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Yes I'm with them - but havn't had a call for a while. I won't be able to do anything for them for a while now - must ring them and let them know.

Willowdancer
22-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Hmmmm...maybe I'll see how minding goes and then decide if I still want to sign up for babysitting. Don't expect that they'd be too chuffed that I can't do Friday evenings anyway :rolleyes: