PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on Ofsted Numbers

Buzz Lightyear
21-04-2009, 03:45 PM
I've been thinking more about my daughters 1st birthday which is only two weeks away. Presently, she counts as one of my numbers, more specifically, my under one and is here with me every day. My Ofsted certificate states:

"The registered person may care for no more than five children under eight years; of these, not more than 2 may be in the early years age group, and of these, none may be under one year at any one time"

But once my DD turns one, she will of course become an over and I will notify Ofsted accordingly for a new certificate.

But presently, I have two overs signed with me already so once DD turns one, am I allowed 3 in the early years age group so long as I have no under ones or will I just allowed 1 under one and 2 over meaning I will have to terminate with one contract?

I need to get my head around this to make sure I am not going over my numbers.

In November / December however, I will either need to rejuggle things or terminate a contract as I will have an under 1 starting (she will be 9 months) but then of course will incur the same problem with the 3 in EY age group when she turns one. Arrrgggghhhhh... head about to explode!!

Can someone help?

Minstrel
21-04-2009, 03:52 PM
You will be ok.

Changing your cert will just free up your under 1 spot. You can have a total of 3 (inc your DD) and no more than 1 under 1. Since you would have none under 1 your still in numbers

FizzysFriends
21-04-2009, 03:53 PM
The numbers in the early years group wont change. But it will mean you can have under 1 yr old. You shouldn't have to terminate anyone because the EY group still stays the same.

RainbowMum
21-04-2009, 03:54 PM
You may have 2 children not counting your daughter in the early years group, once she turns one it will still be 2 in the group but one of those 2 spaces will be allowed to be under one. You will need to write to ofsted asking for a new certificate from your daughters birthday. You will not be allowed 3 in the early years group until she starts full time in reception year.

Buzz Lightyear
21-04-2009, 03:59 PM
You may have 2 children not counting your daughter in the early years group, once she turns one it will still be 2 in the group but one of those 2 spaces will be allowed to be under one. You will need to write to ofsted asking for a new certificate from your daughters birthday. You will not be allowed 3 in the early years group until she starts full time in reception year.

So basically, I can't have 3 in EY and 1 under 1? It's just that I am due to start with an under 1 in November / December time so would mean I would still have to terminate?

But once DD's birthday has been, I can have DD (not counted as such) and 2 additional which currently is R and L. But will I be allowed baby L from November / December or will I have to terminate a contract?

janiefear
21-04-2009, 04:15 PM
if i've understood you right then when you take the 9 month old on you will be over your numbers unless you terminate one of the contracts.

In most circumstances you can only have a total of 3 in the early years group of which only 1 can be under 1. If none of them are under 1, you can still only have 3, when you take the new one on at the end of the year you can only have 2 (and 1 of those is your own).

Hope this helps - although reading back it doesn't seem very plain!!!!

Love Jane

Buzz Lightyear
21-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Right so if I had my own DD who will be 16 months in November she would be in over 1. L would be over 1 as he would then be 3yo, then the nine months old child (baby L) which means I would have to terminate R to accommodate the three full timers which includes my own DD as one? Am I on the right lines? but then once Baby L turns one, I can have 3 in the EY group but non under 1 as I will once more be over

:jump for joy:

FizzysFriends
21-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Right so if I had my own DD who will be 16 months in November she would be in over 1. L would be over 1 as he would then be 3yo, then the nine months old child (baby L) which means I would have to terminate R to accommodate the three full timers which includes my own DD as one? Am I on the right lines? but then once Baby L turns one, I can have 3 in the EY group but non under 1 as I will once more be over

:jump for joy:

3 would include your DD.

You can't have more than your DD + 2 in the early years group.

tinkerbelle
21-04-2009, 04:50 PM
your new certificate should state
The registered person may care for no more than five children under eight years; of these, not more than 2 may be in the early years age group, and of these, one may be under one year at any one time"
so you would only be allowed 2 other under 5's and your daughter so one contract would have to be terminated

Buzz Lightyear
21-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Right so should Baby R come in November / December, I would have to terminate the part-timer (my decision) as L and Baby L would be almost full timers. Then I would have my daughter also.

October / November time:
Baby L (9 months) - Will be my under 1 for 3 months until her 1st Birthday
My DD (17/18 months) - Will be over 1 but under 5
L (4yrs) - Will be over 1 but under 5 & will commence school Sept 2010.

Totalling: 1 under 1 and 2 under 5's = my three.

Which means terminating R (2.5yrs) - Over 1 but under 5.

So once baby L turns one, can I then have 3 in EY but non in under 1?

This is all so confusing.

I only have R currently half mornings.

Baby L and big L will be full timers more or less plus my own daughter.

FizzysFriends
21-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Right so should Baby R come in November / December, I would have to terminate the part-timer (my decision) as L and Baby L would be almost full timers. Then I would have my daughter also.

October / November time:
Baby L (9 months) - Will be my under 1 for 3 months until her 1st Birthday
My DD (17/18 months) - Will be over 1 but under 5
L (4yrs) - Will be over 1 but under 5 & will commence school Sept 2010.

Totalling: 1 under 1 and 2 under 5's = my three.

Which means terminating R (2.5yrs) - Over 1 but under 5.

So once baby L turns one, can I then have 3 in EY but non in under 1?

This is all so confusing.

I only have R currently half mornings.

Baby L and big L will be full timers more or less plus my own daughter.

When the baby turns 1 nothing will happen as all your spaces will be full anyway.

Buzz Lightyear
21-04-2009, 05:13 PM
When the baby turns 1 nothing will happen as all your spaces will be full anyway.

So it wont matter that I have three under 5s but none in under 1?

Minstrel
21-04-2009, 05:16 PM

i agree- i think you may be making it a litlle more complicated than it needs to be, you cannot physically have any more children than you currently do but the ages of the children can be different.ie you can now take on the baby. BUT your right that you would ahve to terminate another. I think in your shoes i may do that too.

Buzz Lightyear
21-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I know I will have to terminate one. But what I am trying to say is, does it not matter that all three children I will have in March next year will all be over 1 years but under 5? In other words, is it still okay to have all three of my allowed children over 1 years but under 5?

Mouse
21-04-2009, 05:23 PM
You can have a maximum of 3 children under the age of 5 at any one time. This includes your daughter, so you have 2 spaces.

It doesn't matter how many are over 1. It only matters that you don't have more than 1 under the age of 1. If none are under 1 you can have 3 (including your daughter) aged 1-5yrs.

Buzz Lightyear
21-04-2009, 05:35 PM
:thumbsup: thank you so much, this is the answer I was asking for!

Thank you Mouse x

Minstrel
21-04-2009, 05:38 PM
:thumbsup: thank you so much, this is the answer I was asking for!

Thank you Mouse x

sorry i hope you didnt think i was being rude- i've just re-read my post and thought maybe it could be read as a little blunt! i didnt mean it to- i just didnt want you getting in a tizz over it all!

xxx

Buzz Lightyear
21-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Not at all Minstrel, I had just realised I wasn't coming across as clear as I thought I was - my fault.

Thank you for replying though, you were helpful, it's just me trying to get my head around it all as I dont want to be doing wrong and then getting my wrists slapped for it! xxx

estrelas
21-04-2009, 07:00 PM
now my head hurts :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

how confusing was all that!!!!:laughing:

PixiePetal
21-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Glad we got there in the end :clapping: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Minstrel
21-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Not at all Minstrel, I had just realised I wasn't coming across as clear as I thought I was - my fault.

Thank you for replying though, you were helpful, it's just me trying to get my head around it all as I dont want to be doing wrong and then getting my wrists slapped for it! xxx

ok good :D

misst104
21-04-2009, 07:09 PM
now my head hurts :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

how confusing was all that!!!!:laughing:

VERY!!!!!! xxx

Have you got it straight now in your head Ellie???

jibberjitz
21-04-2009, 07:12 PM
VERY!!!!!! xxx

Have you got it straight now in your head Ellie???

Wow - dont confuse me :panic:

ruby
21-04-2009, 07:43 PM
i got confused just reading this :laughing:

cathy

Buzz Lightyear
21-04-2009, 08:46 PM
LMAO, imagine being on the receiving end of the replies then. Half of my brains were on the wall. I understand it all now though, just dont ask me again tomorrow :laughing: