PDA

View Full Version : suncream

louloudi
21-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Do you supply or get the parents to supply?? Also noticed that school wont apply it??

nemo97
21-04-2009, 01:07 PM
I ask parents to supply but have always got some in
if parents forget to put some in their bags.
Always make sure you have a policy and that they have signed
the permission forms for you to apply.

A quick question though would any of you buy it and get parents
to share the cost? :blush:

It would cut down the number of suncream that you need to take when
going off for the day.

Polly2
21-04-2009, 01:18 PM
I always have suncream in the house for parents who are a bit scatty. I have other parents who supply there own - one whos lo has bad eczema and she buys a particular brand that suits him.

I put it through accounts and have parents sign permission.

wendywu
21-04-2009, 01:30 PM
I always have factor 50 in my bag. But i do get the parents to supply their own. You never know if yours will cause them to have a reaction:)

Mrs.L.C
21-04-2009, 01:34 PM
A quick question though would any of you buy it and get parents
to share the cost? :blush:

It would cut down the number of suncream that you need to take when
going off for the day.

I have decided to do this this year for the same reason and because some parents wont or forget to provide me with some. I sent out the attached letter asking parents what they want to do and to sign at the bottom. I have a statement on there to cover any allergies.

nokidshere
21-04-2009, 02:54 PM
You never know if yours will cause them to have a reaction

Whats wrong with just asking? "I use nivea is that ok?"

Mrs.L.C
21-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Its just to cover my back really. Most parents are ok and unlikely to complain if their child did have a reaction to something you used but there is that small percent who will and if theres nothing in writing then we are screwed basicaly.

I may have to add which sun protection I intend on buying

I dont like thinking that way but sometimes its for the best

avril
21-04-2009, 03:36 PM
I put it in my policy that they provide the cream or I will supply and use what I have available. Always have plenty in ready for my own children.
All parents seem fine and VERY occasionally there is a bottle in the bag:D

Toothfairy
21-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Parents provide their own sun cream but I always have my own just in case.

madasahatter
21-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Most of my parents supply their own suncream (without needing reminding), but I do always make sure I have some in so that I am prepared just in case. All parents sign a permission slip to agree to me applying suncream and I have told them I use boots soltan kids.

Roseolivia
21-04-2009, 05:42 PM
I have factor 50 for my daughter so just use this on mindees. I usually get it from boots when it's BOGOF

Allie
21-04-2009, 05:48 PM
I have been asking parents to supply high factor cream as I am fed up with them sending factor 15 or nothing :angry:

Allie

helenlc
21-04-2009, 07:50 PM
I get parents to supply their own to leave at my house.

But I always have a travel size pouch 50 factor in my bag - usually because I get to school and forget I havent put cream on my own kids before school!!!:blush:

My daughter is sensitive to Johnsons stuff, even the kids and sensitive ones, dries her skin out. I use Nivea or Banana Boat which she is ok with.

An allergy can also start at any time - so parents may even provide a cream they used last year but which their child is now sensitive to.

It might be worth adding on the bottom of the sun cream permission slip that in an emergency you will use your own rather than nothing at all. Parents would be signing to agree to this too.

mushpea
21-04-2009, 08:15 PM
last year i asked parents to provide their own but said that i do have spare for when they forget, they all 'forgot' 80% of the time and i felt i was take for a mug so this year i will ask parents to provide a bottle of lotion with their childs name/s on that will stay at my house so that they cant forget to bring it each day.
cream is expensive and i cant afford to supply it for 4 other children to my own and i will explain this to as i know that the parents will understand this.

nannymcflea
21-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Get parents to supply the cream to leave at yours, name them....you could ask for the 6 hour stuff...Bergaderm is good, my daughter has excema and we use this....then you can apply one lot before you go.

Kaz1997
21-04-2009, 08:53 PM
I always ask the parents to supply it as it does not come cheap. I also make sure the children's names are written on each one so's not to mix them up.

estrelas
22-04-2009, 06:26 AM
i decided to sipply it.

Asked all the parents to sign, only one gives her own as little one has allergies.

couldn't be doing with carrying 5 bottles around :)

Marion7
22-04-2009, 08:14 PM
As most of the others have said....I get parents ot supply