PDA

View Full Version : observations

Helen79
21-04-2009, 09:43 AM
I am the main care provided for 2 over my under 5's so do I need to be completing the sheet that shows what stage they're at.
Sorry I can't remember what it's called, really hope someone knows what I'm talking about :idea:

d has one at nursery, they highlight the things that she has achieved & the things she can do & what her next steps are.

Where do I find the lists?

Thanks

huggableshelly
21-04-2009, 10:12 AM
do you have the EYFS pack?

everything you ened is in there to place the stages and help with next steps.

yes you need to do obs to help with planning the next steps.

Helen79
21-04-2009, 10:15 AM
I do loads of obs but do I need to copy all the sheets in the EYFS & highlight which areas they can do?

Sorry I'm not making myself very clear, can't remember what the sheet is called :blush:

sarah707
21-04-2009, 10:21 AM
You need to look at the Eyfs learning and development grids for the age and stage of the child.

The wording on these...

1. Links with your obs and planning;

2. Gives you ideas for future activities;

Is that what you mean?

It's not about highlighting or tick lists, it is about providing written or photographic evidence of the child doing what the Eyfs says they might be doing by their age and stage. :D

Helen79
21-04-2009, 10:27 AM
I think that this (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=30192) was what I was trying to ask but didn't word it properly.

I do loads of photos & observations but I think I need to do the grids aswell that they will take to school with them.

miss mopple
21-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Do you mean the Record of Achievement?

Allie
21-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Just make links to the EYFS and forget tick charts or high lights, it's an individual learning journey

Allie