PDA

View Full Version : Halfway through SEF and the server has been closed!!!!

Kelly
20-04-2009, 09:19 PM
I am halfway through my SEF and the server has been closed, does anyone know what that means? I have saved every few minutes so cannot have lost more that a few lines, but I think Ofsted will come on Wednesday, and I've still loads to do!!!!

Can you cut and paste from word if I finnish it in there?

I know someone on here will know the answer:panic:

Carol
20-04-2009, 09:47 PM
It is probably because you have an inspection happening very soon. That is what I think has happened. Good Luck anyway.

Carol xx

huggableshelly
21-04-2009, 05:47 AM
yes type it in word or notepad then copy and paste into your SEF.

if you cant get logged back in just have it written ready, show the inspector that you was attemtping to do it but couldnt get it transfered over to the SEF site.

hectors house
22-04-2009, 11:12 AM
I think when Ofsted have rung to say they are coming they print off what you have done so far and temporarily close your page - as when my inspector rang I told her I had had problems with SEF and hadn't finished it and should I try to do some more before she came and she said I wouldn't be able to add to it.

Andrea08
22-04-2009, 11:28 AM
good luck with your inspection hun,

,,, i have printed out my sef in word and dragged it to the on-line SEF so i too have a copy and put it in my own sef file,

when looking at it in hard copy you can see where changes can be made and information you can add later

the SEF is an ongoing evaluation and once submitted its closed.

if you wish to do another sef before your inspection or add to your old one you will have to start from scratch,,,

keep your sef open and work on it say once a week/month until ofsted close it down, keeping it an open document adding information as it happens

lord help my inspector when its time to read my SEF it will be like my bible and as many pages as ,,, lol but it should be a true reflectin of you your setting and your practice,

again good luck with your inspection :thumbsup:

Cammie Doodle
22-04-2009, 08:52 PM
I think when Ofsted have rung to say they are coming they print off what you have done so far and temporarily close your page - as when my inspector rang I told her I had had problems with SEF and hadn't finished it and should I try to do some more before she came and she said I wouldn't be able to add to it.

I had call on Fri to see they were coming this week, told her I had not submitted my SEF and was it too late she said no not at all, so submitted it Sunday I have been inspected today and she said it was a very good SEF :blush:

purple rain
12-05-2009, 06:47 AM
i must be missing something????? last june i had an inspection. i did SEF but printed it out and handed it to the inspector when she arrived. i have downloaded a bland SEF and it is nothing like the one i did last year!!!

so i thought i would make a start on a new one. so i log on here to get some tips and advice .... lol and i see that you have to do it online!!!! when did this happen and how did i miss it?

Advise me please!!!:panic:

Debster
15-05-2009, 08:54 AM
I have just finished my SEF I found it very difficult at first but soon got into it. My top tips are
1. Buy Sarahs Ebook about completing your Sef it has so much information and will really help.
2.Complete the whole thing in word first. I copy and pasted the questions into word then filled it all in this way you do not have to worry about the site crashing. you can spell check it then pasted it back a into the online SEF
3. Take the time to do it when there are no distractions if thats ever possible:laughing: skip questions that you have a block on and go back to them later.
5. do it in small chunks its easier to deal with I completed mine over the course of a week it took me about 6-7 hrs
4.Great a huge bottle of wine for whne you have finished it.
:thumbsup:
Deb