PDA

View Full Version : What a waste of time!

Daftbat
20-04-2009, 09:12 PM
I have just come to the end of my working day - 15 hours after it started. The last 2.5 hours have been spent on a completely useless trainign course run by Derbyshire Early Years - Introduction to child developement 8-16yrs

The concensus at the end - even by the trainer was that the coourse should be directed at teaching assistants in secondary school and not childminders. Somewhat naively i had thought that it would be a course which could help me given i care for a number of children in this age group. instead i just got given information which i knew already regarding the changes which take place physically and emotionally in children of this age group. Supposedly according to the trainer we should take away from the course informatin which will help us to work with parents regarding their children during these "difficult years". I don't know about everyone else but i am much more likely to be asked for advice from a parent for a younger child rather than an older one - but even if i am then you don't need to have had your own teeenagers to know the things that are in this course - we have all been teenagers ourselves!

Well - one vodka and orange for me and then bed before i start again at 7.15 in the morning!

What a waste of my evening:censored:

loocyloo
20-04-2009, 09:36 PM
how annoying.

it really irritates me when you give up precious time for training, for it to be useless.

the only thing that annoys me as much, is re-organising my life to accomodate some training/meeting, to discover the day before that for some reason or other its been cancelled or postponed!

have a good day tomorrow!

huggableshelly
21-04-2009, 05:52 AM
wow glad you came in to give feedback, I was considering looking for a local course for 8 - 16's but will stear into another direction now.

most of my afterschoolers are over 8 now and hormones seem to be running high in 2 of them. 1 has decided its cool to use certain phrases and words and 2 others are easy sweet and still enjoy doing what I expect 8 year olds to do.

maybe my expectations are wrong lol.

miffy
21-04-2009, 06:36 AM
Shame about that Penny, hope you enjoyed your vodka and orange :)

Miffy xx

angeldelight
21-04-2009, 06:39 AM
That is annoying Penny

Have a good day

Angel xx

Alibali
21-04-2009, 09:36 AM
That is a shame, hope you have recovered, I was at training last night too, asthma awareness and it was really good, sorry:blush: