PDA

View Full Version : dogs

mushpea
20-04-2009, 07:49 PM
just wonded how many of have dogs and how long you excersise them for and if you do this with the minded children or if you do it b4 they come or when theyve gone home?
at the moment our lab walks to school with us then the 2nd school then home in the morning then my parnter takes him out for about 3/4 hour in the evening , at the weekends he goes out for much longer but fitting it in in the week what with toddler groups and activitys at home is prooving difficult.

Twinkles
20-04-2009, 08:15 PM
I take my puppy out most mornings with the minded children 1 - 2 hrs.
If we go to toddler group instead of walk then DH takes her out in the evening.
Today we went to the park after school so she came with us then.

Daftbat
20-04-2009, 09:29 PM
We have a German Shepherd - 9 months old and at present hubby takes him out before work for approx 20 mins and i normally take him after work for at least the same. He goes off lead and so runs around a lot so the amount of exercise if quite high.

I don't take him normally with mindees. Dogs are not allowed on school site and don't think its fair to leave him at gates. Sometimes i go with him and a couple of older kids in the hols but definitely not if little ones with me - its enough dealing with the kids even though dog is really good on walks.

We go on longer walks at weekends.

Trouble
20-04-2009, 09:32 PM
my hubby takes the puppy out as hes too strong for me i take the older weiry dog out we go nice and slow:D :D

sunnysmile
20-04-2009, 09:37 PM
I am lucky my dog is fantastically behaved when we walk with the buggy so if I only have 1 little one walking and the buggy then she always comes along with us. I have a wee one who is not happy in the buggy unless she is walking along side him.
Many children don't have pets due to busy lifestyles and miss out on the fun of walks with the dog.

westbrom44
20-04-2009, 09:39 PM
I only take my dog if I havent got many children.

If I have a single buggy and one child holding on then I would take him. Dogs are not allowed in the playground at school, so I never take him with me. I wouldnt leave him tied up outside incase he is stolen and I have seen the way some children tease the dogs that are left.

My husband takes the dog in the morning before work, my son takes him if he is home and I take him after I finish working. My dog might get another walk with my husband. He gets lots of walks.

mushpea
21-04-2009, 05:54 AM
i understand what ou are saying about leaving dogs at the school gates, the first school i go to i do have to tie him up but my daughter loves to stay with him, she knows if there is any trouble to come and get me but i can see him through the gates and we are normally arrivng as the doors open anyway so he is tied up for about 2mins at most, the 2nd school i dont go in the school grounds, its my kids school and they are old enough for me to stand at the gate and watch them walk down and go in, the doors are always open when we get there. this is the only time i can fit his walk in, my OH leaves at 5am and the children arrive at around 7.30am, have tried walking the dog with my kids b4 brekkie but decided this was unfair on my two.

patconn2
21-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Dh walks dog in the morning, most days I walk him at lunch time, when dd is in nursery and 2 youngest mindees are sleeping in double "monster truck". Dh or me walk him in the evening. Thinking about it poor thing must be exhausted;) . Kids love taking him for a walk when they are off school, but I always hold the lead and we don't let him off when I have children with me.