PDA

View Full Version : Rash?

Peppa
20-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Noticed rash on mindees legs and arms and hsnds. doesn't look like a heaty rash, more like small blisters. Any ideas what could be? or wher i record this. I have tried dad but no answer. left message. No contact for mum.

Joannechildmind
20-04-2009, 03:47 PM
its not chicken pox is it? they are blister like

claire bear 72
20-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Have they been playing on grass????? My son and I was covered on friday also another cm daughter :eek: we had been playing out on the grass all day friday.........rash very close together very pink and quite blistery iyswim!!

hbomb1
20-04-2009, 04:12 PM
My mindee has had the same sort of thing today, tiny little blister like spots on the inside of her arms, behind ears and few on legs. I rang mum and said I thought it could be Chicken Pox (mindee has been crying non-stop for last week and a half so I put two and two together). Mum just collected mindee and most of the spots had disappeared :rolleyes:

Peppa
20-04-2009, 04:40 PM
on collection dad tells me that he gets spots on his face when he gets hot and that they were playing in long grass this morning. So who knows but I shall check tomorrow!

Thank you anyhow. Dont think they were chicken pox.

Peppa
20-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Have they been playing on grass????? My son and I was covered on friday also another cm daughter :eek: we had been playing out on the grass all day friday.........rash very close together very pink and quite blistery iyswim!!

Not close together sopts well spread out but they were playing in the long grass this morning!

louise
20-04-2009, 07:18 PM
It could be anything in the garden. From the age of 2 my ds came up with rashes dr said to use insect repellant. After going back time and time again that summer as the spots get itchy i managed to get him refered and it turns out he has an allergy to sunlight!! lovely.
Keep an eye on it if it persist.

LOOPYLISA
20-04-2009, 07:23 PM
This is going back 8 years but my dd used to come out in a nettle type rash, itchy, blistery she would only get this in the summer really nasty, hope little ones ok .

tigger
20-04-2009, 07:42 PM
I think the rashes are doing the rounds. I took my ds to the dr's as he had a rash, it started as blister type spots over the tops of his ears with redness. I took him to the pharmacist who said it could be eczema and to put cream on which I did. After a few days the spots seemed to disappear but then he developed a sunburned look on his cheeks, then a rash that looked like a heatrash on his arms and legs, after a few days all the rash spots they all joined and turned into what looked like sunburn. It was burning and really itchy, but no high temperature so it was really wierd. After taking him to the dr even he wasn't sure what it was and couldn't tell me if it was contagious. He gave him an antihistamine and some antibiotics to drink through a straw.
The next day one of my mindies had a chiken pox type rash but again the dr didn't know what it was, then my dd got the same sort that my ds had.

jibberjitz
20-04-2009, 08:20 PM
My two get rashes when its warm or from suncream. Also if they're fighting an infection. Hope it settles down :thumbsup: