PDA

View Full Version : WORMS !!!! HELP

PixiePetal
20-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Ok, so mindee(nearly 3) has threadworms. First day back after hols. Potty trained over hols and I spotted them! :eek:

He is one of 5 kids, will tell parent and ask to treat whole family too.

Should I mention to other mindee parent who has been with him today or not? Does he come tomorrow if not treated?

Help, quick!!

Thanks

Mollymop
20-04-2009, 03:29 PM
I have never had experience of worms before, but I would tell the other mindees parent that there has been worms in the setting. You don't have to tell the parent what child it was.

Have a look around the internet, I think the child has to be excluded for a few days after treatment starts. Not sure how long.

westbrom44
20-04-2009, 03:30 PM
According to Infection Control Guidelines, can still attend.

I would mention to parents to watch out for them and I would definitely treat myself and family.

It is only a case of swallowing a very small tablet. I dont think it is as bad as it seems.

When my daughter had it, we had to all be treated.

RainbowMum
20-04-2009, 03:40 PM
We had this last year, personally I would get all the children to wash there hands, good scrub under the nails as soon as they arrive and be scrupulous about hand washing throughout the day. look out for symptoms in your family and treat if nec'.

PixiePetal
20-04-2009, 03:49 PM
I have never had experience of worms before, but I would tell the other mindees parent that there has been worms in the setting. You don't have to tell the parent what child it was.

Have a look around the internet, I think the child has to be excluded for a few days after treatment starts. Not sure how long.

Bit difficult to not say who has it as I only started back today and have 2 siblings, one of which has them and poss other, and one other mindee.

Parent of other child has now picked up mindee. Told her and she was happy for info and warning. Wash hands, nails etc

No exclusion necessary. My nail brush, anti bac and soaps will get a hammering tomorrow :D

sonia ann
20-04-2009, 05:23 PM
word of advice ....if you have been playing with play do or similar ......throw it away....the eggs can be transferred from under the nails this way:)

Pedagog
20-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Write a note for all parents asking them to treat whole family as a precaution, as most people have them a along time before they notice (if they notice).

My youngest used to get them a lot when he was at school/nursery.

Get to Boots and buy some treatment for whole family.

PixiePetal
20-04-2009, 05:31 PM
All sorted, families had no idea what I was talking about :rolleyes:

Had to explain washing/tablets/cut nails etc. Mum went off to shops on her way home, will treat all tonight and wash anything that she can etc.

I will do same, luckily it was my first day back so only what he has been in contact with today and that was not playdoh :)

My kids are older so they just need be extra vigilant about washing - both clean freaks anyway!

mushpea
20-04-2009, 05:56 PM
i had this a few months back, the nhs said that as long as basic hygenie was followed then they would be fine to attend. also as th child was wearing nappies it was only really myself that was at most risk because it is passed by the child scrating their bottom then it being passed on through touch but as they wore a napy and so couldnt get to their bottom then it wasnt such a problem.

ORKSIE
20-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Not being funny...but...maybe this is a good reason to wear gloves:rolleyes: Don't know what everyone else thinks, just my opinion:thumbsup: